Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our Mountain Trail Camper Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Duchess View Post
    Yeah, I think that might be the answer, Rich. That the foam seal is the width of the top edge. I'm yet to really put the new seals to the test but they seem to be doing the job so far. And it is a fine line between compressing them too much or not enough as well. I found at Bunnings a seal that was similar to the automotive round seal but it compressed so much and was next to useless quite frankly. The flat tape style seal is still the best for our trailers I think, its just trying to find the right one.

I put a pinchweld seal on my tool box. Then went around with a silicon gun and tried to seal up every hole I could find. Still no luck! So, yeah, only the things that don't matter about getting dusty go in there!
    I agree Duchess 100% I even tried pinchweld seals on my tool box and no success!

Quote Originally Posted by DV8666 View Post
    Your avatar pic suggests that you would have to live with dust no matter what...
    Very true! If there is a spot for dust to get in I'll find it! I actually had an Xtrail Navigator behind me my avatar pic when I was testing them. No dust got into that trailer!

Cheers

Busy planning trips and mods... Red GU's Avatar
    I want to strip our trailer back to bare metal and re-paint it however I am thinking of doing it panel by panel and working around the tent which is fixed to the top edge however I know in my heart that it won't be as good a job as if I take the top off and do a "proper" job.

Dave

Dave I hear what your saying there. In your mind you'll know it's not exactly how you would prefer to re do the paint job.

Cheers
    Rich

I have my camper trailer on the market.

Sorry you cant see pics on here but if anyone is interested I can send them by text.

Mountain Trail 2007
    12 ft tent
    greasable shackles and new leaf packs.
    km2 tyres
    storage box on draw bar
    Trigg coupling.
    60lt water tank
    3 jerry can holders
    gas bottle holder

$3300
    Location Yarra Valley Victoria
    0418 172 161