Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boats Boats and more Boats

Boats Boats and more Boats

There does not appear to be a thread about boats, there is one about kayaks, about fishing tackle and trips, but not one dedicated to boats, so I thought I would start one. As some of you know I have a bit of soft spot for boats and my job as a marine pilot on sydney harbour and botany bay means I get to spend lots of time playing with boats and ships. So here is a few pictures etc of some of them.

This is how I currently go to work

This is our new boat due here next month (the first of three)

The view from the bridge of a 300m ship going to glebe / white bay (needed 4 tugs to help get around the corner)

these two photos were taken in alomost the same spot

But as much as I love going camping etc, this one is still my most favourite toy and it gets used at every availble opportuntiy

So I would very much like to here about your boats and boating stories and see some pics etc.
    Last edited by LC; 05-08-12 at 07:03 PM.

Seriously Hooked
    My poor old tinnie rarely gets used, and spends most of its time sitting at home. Having said that though, it has been a brilliant boat when I have used it.

It's an Alf Stessl 12 foot tinnie which is powered by a Mercury 15 hp outboard. This boat handles choppy water well, but due to the deep v-hull it isn't so good when poking around shallow creeks or streams.

I haven't got many pics of the tinnie due to its infrequent use.

All loaded up for a trial run of the camper boat-loader at Clarencetown.

Not mine, but my old mans. Moored at the boat club down my way.

Its has a Japanese origin. So I cant pronunce the brand, for that matter cant remember it. Control deck inside the cabin and a toilet/shower combo below deck, in addition to a c-shape lounge. Powered by a 4cyl 2.5L turbo diesel volvo engine - it chugs along all day quite frugally and powerfully. It is predominantly a fishing boat for the old boy who gets out usually a couple of times a week - ahh the life of semi retirement.

This is the only dodgy pic I have, taken on the tinny ride back to the boat club

Here are a couple of the many I have owned over the years.

We are currently without a boat but are always on the lookout for the next one.

Cheets
    Parry
    Last edited by Parry; 06-08-12 at 03:36 PM.

Here's our little barra hunter, since it's arrival the camper has taken a back seat.

He who dies with the most toys, wins!

A great range of boats appearing!

Cheers
    Rich

Forum Master
    Well, "Project Croaker" has arrived. After a very quick trip to the Sunshine Coast & back, a 5m Quintrex Freedom Sport witha 70hp Yamaha has ended up in Crokerville. A bit work is needed, but the $$ were too good to miss. I'll get some pics up tomorrow hopefully & try to do a stage by stage report of the refit. This will be used as a fishing /family /watersport rig, a genuine all rounder. Being on the Clarence, there is no shortage of water to explore. Let the games begin!!

Seriously Hooked

Boats Boats and more Boats

What is it with frogs and water!

Sounds like a good pickup mate, looking forward to seeing the pics.

Forum Master
    There seems to be a bit of a link between the 2 eh Gary...
    I picked up the boat for a really good price, most of the work needed is cosmetic, mainly the upholstery is badly sun damaged.I would guess that about 90% of what's needed I can do myself, so that will save heaps in the refit budget. I'll tidy up the wiring & add some LEDs into the mix. Rego got changed to NSW on Thursday & I'm in the process of giving it a bloody good clean & a polish. The little bit of effort so far has made a difference already.

Forum Master
    Ok, here's a few pics of Project Croaker. She's a Quintrex 500 Freedom Sport powered by a Yamaha 70hp 2 stroke....

(he wouldn't let me put up the one that I wanted.......)

We managed to get the thing in the water this arvo for the maiden voyage, a bit of Clarence cruising & a spot of tubing for the youngest 2. I was even kind enough to let Judy drive MY boat for 10-15kms on the way back.Overall, we're very happy with the rig, the refit will really bring it back to life. We got a few pics today & will sort them out, but that's the basic idea of we got & what we'll be doing with it. Oh & fishing of course!!
    Last edited by Croaker; 04-11-12 at 10:06 PM.