Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Boats Boats and more Boats

Forum Master
    Took the old tub for a run today, Grafton to Lawrence & back with a bit of a fish here & there. The Yammy run like a dream, just over 600hrs on the clock now, came home most of the way sitting on about 6000rpm, trimmed out & having fun with the wind & run out tide.Used maybe the fat side of 1/4 tank, very happy with the fuel burn of the 70HP pushing this barge. No pics, just a good day on the Clarence.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    Took the old tub for a run today, Grafton to Lawrence & back with a bit of a fish here & there. The Yammy run like a dream, just over 600hrs on the clock now, came home most of the way sitting on about 6000rpm, trimmed out & having fun with the wind & run out tide.Used maybe the fat side of 1/4 tank, very happy with the fuel burn of the 70HP pushing this barge. No pics, just a good day on the Clarence.
    Good news mate. But the real question is, whereís the pictures of the FISH?? Lol
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

Forum Enthusiast
    Adam, are you bringing back the rule of -'No Pics, it didn't happen.'?
    Robert.
    FZJ105r with Tvan pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser105Tvan View Post
    Adam, are you bringing back the rule of -'No Pics, it didn't happen.'?
    Robert, not sure we need to go that far lol
    But we all know Bevan likes a good stir ha ha
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

This is a pic of my 1964 Savage Javelin Deluxe, that cost my grandfather 107 pound brand new. Since handed down to me, I had to repower her, which ended up being keel up restore.

New trailer, new full height transom, full internal flow coat, new windscreen, and Tohatsu 70 TLDI tweaked up to 90 HP in the power head, with the 70HP gearbox.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DrewXT View Post
    This is a pic of my 1964 Savage Javelin Deluxe, that cost my grandfather 107 pound brand new. Since handed down to me, I had to repower her, which ended up being keel up restore.

New trailer, new full height transom, full internal flow coat, new windscreen, and Tohatsu 70 TLDI tweaked up to 90 HP in the power head, with the 70HP gearbox.

Drew thatís a beauty. Even better when has the family history. Hopefully the rebuild didnít cost a kings ransom.
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey2.8 View Post
    Drew thatís a beauty. Even better when has the family history. Hopefully the rebuild didnít cost a kings ransom.
    Yeah, I love her, although the hull will delaminate eventually, as I've already had to do some repairs to the deck in the past few years.

If/When that happens, I'm seriously considering making a mould and reproducing a few, as the hull is no longer under copyright, and they have a good following.

Last edited by DrewXT; 18-02-18 at 09:08 AM.