Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirt Bikes

Well here's another topic for me
    Iv been riding since I was pretty young, enjoy snotty single and rutted up hills, the harder the better, here's my current bike

1999 Suzuki Rmx 250 2 stroke, Iv owned this for 8 yrs now it has taken me through some nasty tracks, Unfortunatly it's time is coming to an end with and I'll be selling it on to a mate so it will still live in my workshop

This pic was taken just after I'd finished replacing plastics and some other bits n pieces do sorry bout the dirty engine

D40 Navara with stuff

Seriously Hooked
    Kyle do you use Bel-Ray oils in your bikes? A mate I bought my First DR off swore by their products, and ended up convincing me to use them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tour'n View Post
    Ok I went riding today we covered only 55k's yet it was a hard slog each way. It was a local ride to the Reefton Pub for lunch and back which is a very popular ride down this way. It was a cold start to the ride with the temp at -0.7

We passed a couple of other groups of bikes and 2 groups of 4wd's. The tracks were pretty much undrivable for 4x4's in sections which is typical of the Warburton area with deep valleys and natural springs running down the tracks. Its not a place we go in the 4be's because of the this. Thats why the bikes are good in that area and there is plenty of options if its unridable.

I took a few photos on my phone, lets say it will take 2 days to wash my bike and gear.:
    I'll post up some pics shortly. My mate had a helmet camera but it was angled wrong its takes a few rides to get it right.
    Ok here is only a couple of photos from yesterdays ride. (All iPhone pics sorry)
    A trackside break before getting to the Reefton Pub for lunch, my mate has an 03 wr450.

My trust XR400, it clocked over to 6000km yesterday

And the result of a natural spring running down a clay track, and it has set like concrete.
    Nothing better than having new front and rear tyres.

On Days Like This I'd Rather Be In The High Country

Seriously Hooked
    Looks like you found a bit of deeper mud Adam. Nothing wrong with phone pics.

A lot of the blokes at work have the WR450's or 250's. They reckon they have awesome power, almost 2-stroke like.

I reckon the XR gain an extra 10kg with that mud on it too.

Yes mate the WR's are pretty good straight out of the box for the weekend rider and easy to maintain too. They handle well and are very well balanced.

They were the no.1 selling dirtbike for years and might still be but I haven't looked for a while.
    On Days Like This I'd Rather Be In The High Country

I know how hard that mud sets Adam! What's the secret to getting it of the bike? What cleaners do you use?

Cheers
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg

A very big gerni I imagine.

(Always had a calling to bikes, especially dirt bikes. Have plenty of mates and work colleagues that have them. But had old man that forbid it while I lived at home. And after seeing uncle and mate with broken backs from accidents, never got around to it)

But watching threads like this and seeing and driving along with mates while they ride and I drive is starting to make me think.
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

No, it doesn't leak oil. Redback's Avatar
    I'm a dirt bike rider as well, have had a number of dirt bikes over the years, even raced Enduros and MotoX for a while, took up racing dirt bikes after a very nasty road racing accident at over 180kph at Wakefield park, it's only trail riding now.

Fraser Is 1991

This is the best dirt bike I've owned, just a brilliant bike, KTM 400 EXC

Current bike is a 2002 TTR250R
    Last edited by Redback; 10-07-12 at 10:30 AM.
    Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 (With the Lot)
    Lightweight Camper
    2000 BMW F650 GS
    1973 Kawasaki H2-A Project Now Finished
    2007 VW Golf Mk V TDi

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Kyle do you use Bel-Ray oils in your bikes? A mate I bought my First DR off swore by their products, and ended up convincing me to use them as well.
    Sorry for the late reply but yes I use bel-ray air filter oil, Iv found it really good to apply works a treat in really dusty conditions, other than that I use auto trans fluid in my gearbox and usually castrol ttx as 2 stroke oil when mixing but for the last couple of yrs Iv been using a shell branded 2t oil as I got a few bottles through a dodgy uncle
    D40 Navara with stuff

Here's a few photos of some of my older bikes, first pic is when I was 8 on my 1980 Suzuki ds80

Next was a 84 Suzuki pe 175

And then a 89 ktm 350 2 stroke that I wish I still had
    D40 Navara with stuff