Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirt Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by outback jack View Post
    adam, do dirt bikes have to be registered or do they need some kind of permit ?

I've never seen one with a number plate, and does the rider need a motor bike licence/permit
    In Victoria you must have a Motorbike license or learners permit unless your riding on private property. Your bike must have full registration or recreation reg, which basically only allows you to ride on forest tracks and gravel roads.
    Last edited by Leprechaun; 08-07-12 at 12:20 PM.
    GU Patrol Wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Is it a soft landing when you come off in the snow? I guess it's what's under the snow that is the problem.
    Exactly right Gaz hidden rocks, ruts and tree roots can play havoc.

And it still hurts when you come off if you have a bit of speed up.

Quote Originally Posted by outback jack View Post
    adam, do dirt bikes have to be registered or do they need some kind of permit ?

I've never seen one with a number plate, and does the rider need a motor bike licence/permit
    Leprechaun, pretty much has it covered. Recreation reg it around the $40 per year whch is only good for the tracks, so no built up areas or towns like Jamieson for eg. The Police are right onto this because you aren't covered by TAC if you have an accident. You aren't even supposed to ride between tracks with rec reg either and there is often blitz's on enforcing this.

I have always had full reg on my bikes so there is no limit on where I can ride it. Rego is over $400 but its a small price to pay and you are covered 100% should you come off on any track or road. I have been pulled over a few times and never had any issues because of the full reg.

I ride with a few mates with rec reg and it does limit where we can go if I'm riding with them
    On Days Like This I'd Rather Be In The High Country

Nice TTR Lep, a great bike that can be ridden all day

Ok I went riding today we covered only 55k's yet it was a hard slog each way. It was a local ride to the Reefton Pub for lunch and back which is a very popular ride down this way. It was a cold start to the ride with the temp at -0.7

We passed a couple of other groups of bikes and 2 groups of 4wd's. The tracks were pretty much undrivable for 4x4's in sections which is typical of the Warburton area with deep valleys and natural springs running down the tracks. Its not a place we go in the 4be's because of the this. Thats why the bikes are good in that area and there is plenty of options if its unridable.

I took a few photos on my phone, lets say it will take 2 days to wash my bike and gear.:
    I'll post up some pics shortly. My mate had a helmet camera but it was angled wrong its takes a few rides to get it right.
    Last edited by Tour'n; 09-07-12 at 09:39 AM.

pleaes do not laugh we have two of these for down at the farm we go to

Last edited by barney; 08-07-12 at 07:54 PM.

Seriously Hooked
    Quote Originally Posted by Tour'n View Post
    I'll post up some pics shortly. My mate had a helmet camera but it was angled wrong its takes a few rides to get it right.
    Look forward to the pics Adam, when you finished washing and scrubbing. LOL

Is it beer o'clock yet? outback jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
    In Victoria you must have a Motorbike license or learners permit unless your riding on private property. Your bike must have full registration or recreation reg, which basically only allows you to ride on forest tracks and gravel roads.

thanks lep

EVERYWHERE I GO I BRING HAPPINESS, SOMETIMES ITS WHEN I ARRIVE, BUT ITS USUALLY WHEN I LEAVE

Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    pleaes do not laugh we have two of these for down at the farm we go to

Barney i love seeing the old bikes out an about ,being used . you might be suprised at their worth ,that bike looks in pretty good nic, and they look like they get used nice Graham

that one has 25 thous ks onit the other ones real old it has only 15thous onit

this is the old one