Thread: Barmah State ForrestTrip

Barmah State ForrestTrip

On the 4th of December went on a 6 day camping and fishing trip to Barmah State Forrest with a mate (Wayne ) to try out new Rhino Rack and awning and toilet ensuite with thunder box toilet and was very pleased with the set of camp, found a nice little shaded area ( 23ks into Forrest ) just the other side picnic point victorian side and got all set up in no time so then started into getting the rods in an started getting good bites and then some fish so in all between we caught 9 Cod only one that was a keeper all the rest just under size 4 turtles , 1 big Black Brim and 4 trout cod and a lot of little fish assorted so was really good trip looking forward to going back as there was plenty of wildlife around and even the Brumbys decided to come for a visit

Always good to get away and there are some nice camps in BARMAH. I will be back at some stage next year.

PS- Love my THUNDER BOX when camping

Nice Brian!! Always great camping up there. You mention a black brim? What is that?

No carp? Surely lots of those pests.
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

Hi Harps yeah love Barmah so done a little bit of a research on murray river there is no Black brim mentioned but they do mention a fish called a Callop i believe its a fish similar to a brim but its related to murray perch i believe not sure but pictures of this fish is lighter so the one i got was very close to a black brim not sure and yes forgot to mention the Carp we got a few of them i don't classify this a fish mud suckers cant wait to catch up with all the crew and go camping again tight lines and happy fishing

Yeah i agree Laurie love it i got the idea from you thanks mate had trouble folding the ensuite as i read the directions but have thrown them away as it explains better on you tube how to pack away my mate Wayne and i worked out a plan only need to dig one hole as i use the biodegradable bags and put a little bit of soil in bag after each use and after acouple of days take bag out and dispose in hole and you dont get so much smell works well happy camping