Thread: A day out in WOMBAT/VIC.

A day out in WOMBAT/VIC.

Hello all,

Well we went for a drive in WOMBAT last Sunday. Only three cars, the TRITON(My self), the JEEP(Scott) and Leonardo in his(4 Runner running on 33,s) Leonardo was the only one to get stuck. Bog holes do not play favorites. Pick your line.

I took them on some familiar tracks. Last time it was wet, this time dry but you can still find those bog holes.

Scott goes through.

Leonardo goes through. He had his young son in the back seat. For some reason he got a bit worried when the water mud came seeping through the doors while not going anywhere.

Alas, i was the mug that stripped off down to my jocks attaching the hook to retrieve them out(i do have photos but may have to be pixlelated?) Still getting the mud out of my toe nails.

A good day out. some wet carpet, dirty toe nails and no damage. A couple of scrapes on OTTIES TRK. Myself and Scott did OTTIES three times, up and down. Leonardo no , may have popped a bolt on the manifold.

All good and looking to our next run

Seriously Hooked
    What size tyres were you and Scott running?

Sounds like a fun day out mate I do recall the babie jesus very own patrol attempting a sub mariner style crossing on a weekend visit to wombat I also got stuck in one mud pit though it crawel out on idle just prior to being snatched ahh I miss the ol GQ

Hope to catch you guys next trip at the hilton

Looks like a great day out mate.

Cheers
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    What size tyres were you and Scott running?
    Myself and Scott are running MAXXIS 764s M/Ts. Alas i am only running 245/75/16, my insurance company will not let me go any bigger. There are reasons why and its real pain in the butt. 32s minimum would be good would love that extra lift/clearance.

Scott may have similar, not sure on that one but his JEEP has more body lift than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by pacs View Post
    Sounds like a fun day out mate I do recall the babie jesus very own patrol attempting a sub mariner style crossing on a weekend visit to wombat I also got stuck in one mud pit though it crawel out on idle just prior to being snatched ahh I miss the ol GQ

Hope to catch you guys next trip at the hilton
    Yeah a HILTON run would be good. I like the area may be different when its stinking hot and BARNEY does not get a BURR in the butt. Anyhow that's OUTBACK JACKS call

Personally i will be checking out more of the area. Not far from home for me

Likewise mate its about an hour away for me from Bendigo I'm sure he will arrange another get together soon

I hope the water was not two cold on the strip down, at least your mate was still smiling when he got stuck.

Cheers Rusty

Nice one mate, good to see you out and about enjoying the tracks.

Looks like your mate's front end took a few solid knocks before coming to a complete stand still.

Forum Enthusiast
    I thought the person who bogged the vehicle had to get out and get dirty.
    Not the 'Good Samaritan'.

Gee, you blokes are really generous to Leonardo.