Thread: couple nitghts at Burrendong Oct long weekend

couple nitghts at Burrendong Oct long weekend

Spent a couple of nights at Burrendong dam over the weekend, was a spur of the moment thing again, thought it would be good to get out of the house for a couple of days
    The dam is down to just 4.3% atm so its quite low compared to this time last year, I never really did much fishing as bait was hard to find, none of the normal places i get bait from had any for sale & the dam kiosk had sold out of worms on the previous day so i had to just toss a few lures from the bank, I gave up in the end as the wind was so strong during the day that it was near impossible to get a plastic lure out far enough for it to have much affect, so i decided to just sit back & enjoy the sunshine & have a few drinks lol
    There were lots of good size fish being caught from boats with lots of boats catching around 10 to 15 good size fish, I saw a few with good catches up to 78cm cod & perch (yellow-belly) & the builder i had just finished a job for on Friday went out yesterday & bagged 18 good size fish,
    anyway i was content to sit at my camp & just relax for a change, hopefully we get some good rain out here to top the dam up a bit before Christmas

Last edited by barnsey; 08-10-19 at 10:43 PM.

Nice one mate. Looks like blue dog loves going camping too... I know our one does, they're awesome dogs.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

yeah he loves camping, had to make him a run this time as there were lots of roo's around coming down for a drink, as soon as i open the shed he thinks we are off camping & jumps in the cruiser waiting to go lol

4.3%. That is so sad... And poor fish.. here's hoping the rains come.
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

We've lived on the area for almost 30 years and I can't recall it ever being this low. Very sad. It's a lovelyvspot when water levels are up.

Sent from my SM-T385 using Tapatalk

It was down at 2.7% when i moved out here in 2007,

this is a great interactive view of the dam showing water levels from 1984 to 2018
    scroll down to the interactive map of Burrendong & you can press play or just manually scroll through the years with the directional arrows, you can also drag the map around by left clicking holding it down and dragging, its really interesting to watch the changes from full to empty & back again over the years,
    the page contains maps of other dams as well, just scroll down the page to see the other interactive maps of the other dams, lakes.

https://www.theland.com.au/story/435...lGMxWfAXcNMc4k
    Burrendong Dam
    Keepit Dam
    Burrinjuck Dam
    Hume Dam
    Menindee Lakes

Quote Originally Posted by barnsey View Post
    It was down at 2.7% when i moved out here in 2007,

this is a great interactive view of the dam showing water levels from 1984 to 2018
    scroll down to the interactive map of Burrendong & you can press play or just manually scroll through the years with the directional arrows, you can also drag the map around by left clicking holding it down and dragging, its really interesting to watch the changes from full to empty & back again over the years,
    the page contains maps of other dams as well, just scroll down the page to see the other interactive maps of the other dams, lakes.

https://www.theland.com.au/story/435...lGMxWfAXcNMc4k
    Burrendong Dam
    Keepit Dam
    Burrinjuck Dam
    Hume Dam
    Menindee Lakes
    Thanks for the link. That's really interesting. Obviously my memory isn't the best lol.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I was only telling my folks that it was the lowest i had seen it too, then i remembered when i moved here it was low, i googled the dam for 2007 & found it was 2.7% then came across that link,
    we had 20mm here in Wellington on Fri & during early hours of Sat, would be nice to get some more