Thread: Grey Nomads stealing

Grey Nomads stealing

Well just got back from Birdsville and Boulia and an issue raised by many businesses is that grey nomads are stealing from them, from bloody toilet paper to tomato sauce bottles, I don't know if i should be angry or sad atm but it is happening. I've seen footage of it and the person was aged 60+, I also spoke to servo who caught a nomad with 3 rolls of poo paper under her arms. This isn't just happening in Birdsville, but many other outback rural towns, these nomads drive 200 series cruisers with 150K vans yet feel the need to steal, it's bloody disgusting and unAustralian.

End Rant.
    Cheers
    Leo

Mate i heard about those reports also stealing cutlery and glasses from the BIRDSVILLE HOTEL caught on CTV.

My opinion, a pretty low act. These businesses are providing everyone that visits a service , most would be relying on passing or sesonal trade and do it hard at times. They are trying to make a living also. You would have to be pretty desperate to do such things

Isn't the toilet paper free??

I really don't understand how self cenetered some people are. Hope those folks don't complain when they go to a dunny that doesn't have toilet paper...
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

Quote Originally Posted by 2Lost View Post
    Mate i heard about those reports also stealing cutlery and glasses from the BIRDSVILLE HOTEL caught on CTV.

My opinion, a pretty low act. These businesses are providing everyone that visits a service , most would be relying on passing or sesonal trade and do it hard at times. They are trying to make a living also. You would have to be pretty desperate to do such things
    Toilet paper, sauce bottles, cutlery, butter packets, glasses, all by old people. Even the servo caught a 60+ lady walking out of their toilet with 3 rolls under her arms, even council toilets had theirs stolen.
    Cheers
    Leo

Quote Originally Posted by Harps View Post
    Isn't the toilet paper free??

I really don't understand how self cenetered some people are. Hope those folks don't complain when they go to a dunny that doesn't have toilet paper...
    No they complain about cost of items, not woolies or coles and these small businesses do not have the same buying power or low transport costs.
    Cheers
    Leo