Thread: Re hash Snow trip

Re hash Snow trip

Here we go again. Think i have mastered FLICKR now.It was late May of this year and i said to Gail fancy doing a snow trip. Accommodation was booked at MERRIJIG arriving early afternoon on a Tuesday.

This was the first time she had been to the area. I decided to show her SHEEPYARD FLAT and the camping area. There were only two camper trailers set up, it was cold and wet. Then took her down to have a look at FRY'S hut

Back to the motel for dinner and drinks, with a nice fire going. The next day it was time to find some snow. We headed towards MT BULLER turning before the entrance our goal now was MT STIRLING. Not long after the turn we came upon the first of snow. The orange road markers were very handy

Following CIRCUT RD we stopped at RAZORBACK HUT the way in

From there we continued along CIRCUT RD. The goal of this trip was to see CRAIGS HUT in snow

I expected to come across fallen timber but did not have to get the chainsaw out

Then turning off at CLEAR HILLS TRK the snow was pretty deep, this is when i found out that my diff lock was not working. Normally when up here i take MONUMENT TRK a good fun trk but i would hate to think what it was like on the day. Most of the driving so far had been in 4H but we eventually made it to CRAIGS HUT in 4L there was only one other car there when we arrived a HILUX with chains on. Yes the snow was deep

From there it was onto BINDAREE FALLS it had a torrent off water coming down alas i did not take any photos. While there we did experience some snow falling for the first time on this outing.

Yes a good couple of days, without the crowds bit of a change from the norm

Nice one! I have always wanted to see criags hut when it's snowing.
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

Is it beer o'clock yet? outback jack's Avatar
    Good report Barney

EVERYWHERE I GO I BRING HAPPINESS, SOMETIMES ITS WHEN I ARRIVE, BUT ITS USUALLY WHEN I LEAVE

Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg