Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Time for some new kicks

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey2.8 View Post
    Harps good feedback mate. One day my KM2’s will need to go and still wondering if I need the muds or not. Smokey mainly does tarmac these days so...
    It is a huge decision really. One that you need to live with for a while. Eventually we ave to go for a change and then decide what is best.

I have always run muddies since my first 4wd nearly 20 years ago (apart from when first buying a 4wd, some came with ATs, that were quickly replaced).

I have challenged and changed my long held views on several 4wd, camping and fishing things over the past couple of years and couldn't be happier with a change in direction. I do also believe that you adept to what you have. That is there is not necessarily a wrong or right answer. Things are often not so clear cut.
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

Yup I too struggled with this MT AT decision... I ended up somewhere in middle with a hybrid, too early to say for sure but so far they're proving to be a good compromise in both directions.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Now on my second set of BFG KO2's after previously running 3 sets of BFG Muds.
    Went AT's because they are quieter and Im not doing hard stuff any more and not many long trips.
    Pretty happy with them. Went white writing inside.
    Richard
    Pushbike Postie
    2005 Landcruiser TD100
    Profile and Images

I'm glad to hear. Do you rotate your tyres? I bought 5. I usually don't, but thinking about it this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Harps View Post
    I'm glad to hear. Do you rotate your tyres? I bought 5. I usually don't, but thinking about it this time.
    Yep but only the four as the spare has always been pretty ordinary.
    The front passenger always seems to wear the fastest and I believe this is because of roundabouts in suburbia.
    Now I've bought 5 new, I'll probably rotate the 5.
    Richard
    Pushbike Postie
    2005 Landcruiser TD100
    Profile and Images

Quote Originally Posted by richardw View Post
    Yep but only the four as the spare has always been pretty ordinary.
    The front passenger always seems to wear the fastest and I believe this is because of roundabouts in suburbia.
    Now I've bought 5 new, I'll probably rotate the 5.
    Let's check in in 6 months time and see if either of us have actually rotated our 5th tyre

Well. I don't know if i have done the right thing but with thought it came to a compromise. Towing the van has an influence, so.

I was so keen on the TOYO R/Ts. Alas price came into the factor. $349.00 each was the best price i could get.

For myself this will be a drastic change from the M/Ts and virtually going back to a road tyre. Cost just under $1,000 with an alingment 4 tyres.

See how they go.

https://www.hankooktire.com/au/passe...-at2-rf11.html

Hey mate, that is a bit of a change. But so too are the times. You do need to consider the Van. I'm sure you are not going to be tackling Slate Quarry with the Van.

Good price that's for sure.

It all comes down to track conditions. If it's wet and muddy, will always wish for some extra grip. For other conditions, not as big a deal.

Buy four, fourth free promotion.