Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Time for some new kicks

Oh

Ohh new boots always exciting times lol
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

First impression on road are good so far, very quite and comfortable, just like a new set of bfg ko's. Looking forward to see how they go offroad.

Interestingly, these new Toyos definitely seem to be on the narrow side of life for a 285... when I compare them to the 275 bfg ko and the other two 265 muddies I have, they all look fairly similar in width.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by srburnsy View Post
    First impression on road are good so far, very quite and comfortable, just like a new set of bfg ko's. Looking forward to see how they go offroad.

Interestingly, these new Toyos definitely seem to be on the narrow side of life for a 285... when I compare them to the 275 bfg ko and the other two 265 muddies I have, they all look fairly similar in width.

Looking good. I will be getting a set within the next fortnight. 265x75x16 for myself i will not go any bigger. Just my opinon, there is nothing wrong with a narrower width. Cuts through mud better getting to the base. Plus we all air down to suit conditions also i don't see military vehicles with big fat tyres. Just my two bobs worth

Yeah I agree with not going too wide... it was just an interesting observation that these measure so narrow for a 285... I only wanted to go to the 33s since doing the suspension lift, looks a much better size on a Landcruiser. I always keep to the 265s on the Triton.

So it's a big thumbs up so far for the Toyo RTs.
    We did a mixture of trails today, mostly easy state forest trails but with one low range, steep, muddy, technical climb thrown in, It was that slippery red clay with sharp jagged shale type of climb. Had to give it a couple of goes with rear locker to get the right line. The Toyos performed exceptionally! I had to air down a little more than expected but, wow once aired down they were amazing. They hooked up well on the fast gravel too, very confident inspiring. I think I'm going to be very happy with these tyres... may never buy another mud tyre again if these continue to impress.

We did a mixture of trails today, mostly easy state forest trails but with one low range, steep, muddy, technical climb thrown in, It was that slippery red clay with sharp jagged shale type of climb. Had to give it a couple of goes with rear locker to get the right line. The Toyos performed exceptionally! I had to air down a little more than expected but, wow once aired down they were amazing. They hooked up well on the fast gravel too, very confident inspiring. I think I'm going to be very happy with these tyres... may never buy another mud tyre again if these continue to impress.

Sounds good mate. Airing down more than usual, yes i have heard the same thing. Belive they have a very stiff side wall.

That's great to hear. A nice variety of terrain to give the tyres a real good test.

It is re-assuring to know that you have made the right decision. Especially with something like Tyres that will last a long time (unless you sell).
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

As mentioned a great result and knowing they perform every better !
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better