Thread: Midweek get away and white stuff.

Midweek get away and white stuff.

Hi,

Well we decided to go for a drive. Tuesday/Wednesday. Booked some overnight accomadation at MERRIJIG/VIC not far from MT BULLER. Yes the plan was to go for a snow drive. Found our motel unpacked the bags. Arriving early afternoon, i said to Gail i will take you down to SHEEPYARD FLAT and to FRYS HUT she has not been in the area before.

Not surprised considering the weather, there were only two camper trailers set up. Not the usual crowds when the weather is fine

[IMG]20190528_155530 (1) by Laurence Barnett, on Flickr[/IMG]

From there it was back to the motel and an open fire dinner and few drinks.

The next day, after breakfast we were off. The main goal of this trip was to see CRAIGS HUT in the snow. I headed off to CIRCUT RD, it was not long before we came across snow.

[IMG]20190529_103549[/IMG]

The ferns were feeling the weight

[IMG]20190529_132953[/IMG]

Our first stop was RAZORBACK HUT the way in

[IMG]20190529_105350[/IMG]

[IMG]20190529_105337[/IMG]

[IMG]20190529_105413[/IMG]

[IMG]20190529_105749[/IMG]

From there it was back onto CIRCUT RD. There was a lot of timber down over the track, which i expected with the snow and the wind. Fortunately i did not have to use the chainsaw.

[IMG]20190529_110734[/IMG]

[IMG]20190529_112311[/IMG]

Nomally when going to CRAIGS HUT i usually come from the BINDAREE end and go up MONUMENT TRK a good little track. This time because of the snow and no chains i took CLEARHILLS TRK thinking a safer option. Well the snow was getting pretty thick as we were going uphill. I had already lowered my tyre pressures much earlier. Thought time to engage the rear locker. Ummm, somethings wrong. The compressor is just running continuosly, leak somewhere back to (ARB) soon.
    This was the first time i had engaged 4L. The rest of the time i had been in 4H.

To be continued.
    Last edited by 2Lost; 30-05-19 at 04:05 PM.

Planning my next adventure Oz Firey's Avatar
    Hi Laurie,

If I wasn't packing for the desert I'd love to get out there on the white stuff so for sharing your trip.

Would be even better if we could actually see the pikkies so I sent you a pm with the procedure I use through Flickr

Hope it helps and works for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oz Firey View Post
    Hi Laurie,

If I wasn't packing for the desert I'd love to get out there on the white stuff so for sharing your trip.

Would be even better if we could actually see the pikkies so I sent you a pm with the procedure I use through Flickr

Hope it helps and works for you.

All good , time to edit the post