Thread: G,day from the mid north coast nsw.

G,day from the mid north coast nsw.

Thought I'd join up here to see what goes on.
    My wife and I have been into the 4wd/adventure scene for about 10years and in that time we've been to all corners of Australia. I thought I'd give this place a look, always love seeing where others get to and is great talking to like minded people. Also hoping it's good way to find new and interesting places to travel to... we like the more challenging and remote places of Aus. We hate "people" if you get our drift.

We currently have two 4wds, one being an 8yo MN extra cab Triton (retired to work duties now) Been a great vehicle, we purchase this new in 2011 and put a slide on camper on its back to travel around Australia for two years, was a trip of a lifetime.

More recently we were lucky enough to cheaply buy/inherent a 2004 ifs 100 series 4.2td Landcruiser, with only 190k kms on the clock, it's got a lot of life left in it.
    It probably wouldn't have been our first choice in a 4wd wagon but it's proving itself better than we expected, especially for our growing family.
    Going camping/4wding with an 8month old bub and two dogs, it's easy to fill the big Cruiser up.
    I've slowly modified it over the past 4 years, building it into a capable touring vehicle, almost finished it, only thing left to do to it is larger tyres and reduction gears... run out $$ for now.

We've also quite new to the area of the mid north coast of nsw, having moved from Sydney 2 years ago... so much 4wding/camping on our door step, we're slowly finding our way around but please let us know of any hidden gems that you guys know of.

Anyway, I'm off to have a look around.
    Cheers, Steve.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by srburnsy; 30-04-19 at 01:53 PM.

Is it beer o'clock yet? outback jack's Avatar
    G'day Steve, welcome to the forum

EVERYWHERE I GO I BRING HAPPINESS, SOMETIMES ITS WHEN I ARRIVE, BUT ITS USUALLY WHEN I LEAVE

Planning my next adventure Oz Firey's Avatar

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Forum.

Fully get your "drift" and also spend a lot of time looking for the same opportunities with peopleless campsites and pristine locations.

Most of all timing relates to most campsites that offer great spots at a realistic price ie., "Zero"

Lots of 4wd enthusiasts on this Forum and a few that actually get out together for organised adhoc trips which are always enjoyable.

ENJOY!!!

Max.

Forum Enthusiast
    Welcome aboard Steve

Cheers guys.

Steve welcome mate and you couldn’t ask for a much better rig than the 100 series 4.2.
    Look forward to seeing what you get up to with it and your adventures.

Smokey
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

Cheers, Smokey. Yeah we're loving the old 4.2 100series. I had no real idea what a cult like engine status it had until after we bought it.. it was certainly a bonus. We're still yet to do some big trips in it but I'm fairly excited about getting out there into remoteness again.
    The little Triton has seen its fair share of action and while I've never had any trouble with it, I don't think it will last as long as the Cruiser.

Here's a photo of our big lap travelled in the mighty Triton.

Welcome to the forum
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg

Hey mate, welcome to the forum. You are making all of us jealous showing that trip route. It would have been amazing. I look forward to hearing about your travels and experiences.
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...