Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hybrid camper thoughts?

  1. #1
    Forum Master CatchinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gold Coast QLD
    Posts
    1,499

    Hybrid camper thoughts?

    Looking at buying one of these, any feedback?

    https://starvision.com.au/phoenix/
    Cheers
    Leo

  2. #2
    Just a 10 min job, what could possibly go wrong? Hauler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    295
    Looks good on paper. I don't know anything about that model but we recently bought a ModCon FF1 but for a while were looking at their C3 hybrid which looks about the same on paper but a few k dearer. Modcon are known for quality so I would be looking at the build component quality of the Phoenix as a starting point. Cheers.

  3. #3
    Forum Master CatchinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gold Coast QLD
    Posts
    1,499
    Yeh just the design i'm looking at, not brand atm.
    Cheers
    Leo

  4. #4
    Forum Enthusiast jtb2879's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    312
    LIFESTYLE have something similar called an Iconn.

    Lifestyle Iconn HERE
    On days like this I'd rather be west of the Darling!

  5. #5
    Forum Master CatchinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gold Coast QLD
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by jtb2879 View Post
    LIFESTYLE have something similar called an Iconn.

    Lifestyle Iconn HERE
    Yup seen these at last camping show on gold coast, also SUV have similar, they are all the bloody same frame wise, just interiors different and prices.
    Cheers
    Leo

  6. #6
    Crossed-Over greig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    central coast
    Posts
    1,528
    Quote Originally Posted by CatchinJack View Post
    Yup seen these at last camping show on gold coast, also SUV have similar, they are all the bloody same frame wise, just interiors different and prices.
    All probably made in the same chinese factory. Lifestyle brought out the Ultra 1st then the others quickly followed. Lifestyle may have more input as to level of quality that leaves the factory ?

  7. #7
    Forum Master CatchinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gold Coast QLD
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by greig View Post
    All probably made in the same chinese factory. Lifestyle brought out the Ultra 1st then the others quickly followed. Lifestyle may have more input as to level of quality that leaves the factory ?
    Yeh the main bits come out of China and fitted out here in Oz, a bit of variance in interior and electrical but they are so close with everything except price.
    I don't want a caravan and I don't want a canvas forward fold camper etc, this to me is a compromise otherwise I just keep swagging it haha
    Cheers
    Leo

  8. #8
    Forum Master CatchinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gold Coast QLD
    Posts
    1,499
    This is second option, this style...
    https://www.marketdirect.com.au/prod...ybrid-caravan/
    Cheers
    Leo

  9. #9
    Keen as mustard king kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Mudgee nsw
    Posts
    1,876
    What weight does it come in at mate? And is a second hand one an option?.
    Other then that it looks pretty good


    Thunderbirds are go

  10. #10
    Forum Master CatchinJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gold Coast QLD
    Posts
    1,499
    Quote Originally Posted by king kahuna View Post
    What weight does it come in at mate? And is a second hand one an option?.
    Other then that it looks pretty good
    Both around the 2T mark loaded, give or take a few 100kg. There is a 2nd hand one for sale in Qld now that's 2yrs old BUT he still wants new prices for it haha
    Cheers
    Leo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •