Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your "old" 4wd that you miss and brings back memories

Forum Master
    I tend to keep cars for a fair while, don,t change too much (case in point, I will have had the GQ for 15yrs this coming June). One that sticks in the mind is my old 1982 Daihatsu F20 deluxe, 1.6l of raging petrol power & shorter than a midgets d!ck , wet road would see the back come to see the front at anytime. Jeez that poor little bugger copped a flogging, like a mini version of a Q, couldn't kill it. Seeing as the GQ has only just rolled 250k over on the clock I don't think I'm ready to make more "past loved ones " just yet.

Nice Croaker. At 250k, it's only starting to get run in.

Your GQ is in very good nick. Glad that you are planning on keeping it for some time yet.
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

Formally lived in Blue Mts NSW now live Brisbane Northside
    Quote Originally Posted by Harps View Post
    Hey Rags, sounds like the Hilux was an awesome and well setup 4wd for you. Power steering too! I remember oggling the ARB setup vehicles. I have a soft spot for the old hiluxes. They were very capable 4wds.

As you say, and I would agree that all our owned 4wds have taken us on many adventures, with many memories.

Any photos?
    ive got photos just struggling to work out how to post them.
    I will do some more learning on the subject.
    My wheels of choice 150 GX Prado towing a Jayco 12.37 Outback Expanda

Formally lived in Blue Mts NSW now live Brisbane Northside
    Some photos of the HiLux ( let's see if this works)

1 day old Oct 1984, in the bush near Bar Point on the Hawkesbury River NSW (Brooklyn)

Our 1st trip to Fraser island at the Maheno wreck 1987

Last edited by rags; 26-03-19 at 11:33 PM.
    My wheels of choice 150 GX Prado towing a Jayco 12.37 Outback Expanda

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    I tend to keep cars for a fair while, don,t change too much (case in point, I will have had the GQ for 15yrs this coming June). One that sticks in the mind is my old 1982 Daihatsu F20 deluxe, 1.6l of raging petrol power & shorter than a midgets d!ck , wet road would see the back come to see the front at anytime. Jeez that poor little bugger copped a flogging, like a mini version of a Q, couldn't kill it. Seeing as the GQ has only just rolled 250k over on the clock I don't think I'm ready to make more "past loved ones " just yet.
    My god the GQ is still a baby heck Id have another one I miss the agricultural feel and how it just sat on the tracks and climbed anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Forum Apparel https://4wdadventurers.bigcartel.com/

Follow ujs on Insta and Facebook @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Facebook Thanks Greg