Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Avoca Hilton Extravaganza March 2019

Nice photos of the sunrises Max
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Forum Apparel https://4wdadventurers.bigcartel.com/

Follow ujs on Insta and Facebook @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Facebook Thanks Greg

Well people, yes it was another great weekend at the HILTON.

Good to see and meet JAMO and top effort in making the trip down. We were speaking about a NSW meet up down the track. Pretty shore we could arrange something

Oh and yes the shovel did get used mate doing fire duties and is now in storage for next time

Alas i do have a couple of photos that i tried to post, sadly not working for me.

Thursday
    Hunter valley to Echuca 940km
    Tarmac, Merriwa bakery, Tarmac, Parkes Telescope, tarmac, Narrandera pub lunch and servo, tarmac, Echuca for the bandicoot brewery then a pizza shop, dirt road! and Wills

The brewmaster put me onto this little take away shop on Elizabeth st.. such amazing pizzas and camping spot a few km towards Kerang. I turned up on dark, had a fire and a quick swim/bath awesome spot, Iíll stop there again but Iíll bring a rod next time

That brewery had some truly tasty beers, they make a 10.2% imperial stout that changes flavours as it warms, it starts out coffee and ends up at chocolate.
    I ended up with a carton of amber ale.. also pretty tasty and a responsible 4.8%

Friday
    Echuca to the Hilton 280km
    Tarmac, Rochester silo art and last minute shop, tarmac, Avoca Servo, tarmac Dirt Hilton.

Met Max and Brian, had a yarn a few beers, a late lunch and took in the ambiance. Laurie rocked up and a few more ales. Yes I did have quite a low flying chair this is said view.
    Itís so very comfortable until you have to get up. Itís quite a way to get up.

Arvo turned to night, Gail turned up and had a few Cab Savís, the fire went up a notch and we all drank the night away all but Brian who was fighting a sickness. I canít even remember things we talked about but we dribbled some **** and poked some fun at each other.

Saturday
    Hilton to Hilton 35km
    Was a slow and steady start, I was 1100km from home with no cup so stubbies of water were required for the first few hours.
    Max and Laurie showed some some local sights where we met the rocky donkey hill.
    We made an accord ďno track buildingĒ mostly because we were all a little under the weather from a few too many Rosť and down turpins Rd to perseverance and back to the Hilton. For a few beers and a hell of a dust devil rocked camp for a good 90 seconds.

It caught me off guard my millennial instincts to record everything let me down, I only got a terrible picture of it in the distance.
    Another night, another fire and we drank the night away a little steadier than the previous.. because I was out of beer and had limited mixer for the wild turkey.

Sunday morning
    Hilton to Long plain 780km
    I heard Pacs was coming so I hung around to meet another face. We spun a few quick yarns and I had to set off.

Thank you so much for having me, OBJ for letting me stay, Laurie and Max for the trails and Brian and Gale for the laughs. Thanks PACís for the shirt, it came in handy in the next part of my story.

I hit the tarmac, Avoca bakery, tarmac Beechworth Brewery, tarmac, a closed road

One side up to Cabramurra was closed so up the other to long plain.
    It poured rain from tallangatta to Cabramurra but long plain was just above the cloud line
    Long plain hut I had a Pygmy Fire, for my Pygmy camp over (2qt) and my Pygmy chair.
    Where I got inundated with cloud.
    Too warm for a jumper but perfect for T-shirt /4wdAdv. Workshirt combo was just perfect.

Monday
    Long plain to Hunter Valley 700km
    I woke naturally before my alarm so I packed up at 5.30am.. I was that guy

Off long plain into the Brindies via broken cart, into Canberra hunting for a shower I visited swimming pools but being Canberra day everything was closed.. I rang my in-laws staying at EPIC and tees up a shower.. on the five across town I felt the back of the Ute a little spongey and the tyre pressure had fallen 6pound and a constant clicking coming from a back wheel

Changed a tyre and met the in-laws, they talked and talked the 30min pit stop hit 3 hours so I had to make tracks
    Long boring tarmac home, federal, Hume, m5, peak hour on m7 m2 pennant hills road pacific highway hunter express way.

A view in the Brindabellas

I love anywhere that has yellow marked roads

A quick leg stretch at a quaint little park.

Awesome trip, I look forward for the next get together.

Keep your eyeballs peel, Iím feeling a snowys trip in the next 12 months.

Until we meet again
    Jamo

Top effort mate, pitty about that screw in the tyre. Hope you did'nt pick it up at AVOCA similar puctures have happened there before?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Lost View Post
    Top effort mate, pitty about that screw in the tyre. Hope you did'nt pick it up at AVOCA similar puctures have happened there before?
    Who knows, itís part of the game I guess.
    Still worth the drive

It was great to finally meet you Jamo like you said put a face to the name and Iím glad the spare shirt came in handy mate

I look forward to venturing up your way some time and kicking back around the camp fire for a few ales

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Forum Apparel https://4wdadventurers.bigcartel.com/

Follow ujs on Insta and Facebook @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Facebook Thanks Greg

Quote Originally Posted by pacs View Post
    It was great to finally meet you Jamo like you said put a face to the name and Iím glad the spare shirt came in handy mate

I look forward to venturing up your way some time and kicking back around the camp fire for a few ales

Lucky I love a good ale, fire and kicking back

If anyone ventures around the Hunter shoot me a PM and Iíll try and point you somewhere good or come for a beer.