Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avoca Hilton Extravaganza March 2019

Planning my next adventure Oz Firey's Avatar

Avoca Hilton Extravaganza March 2019

NAME: Outback Jacks Avoca Hilton

LOCATION (nearest road/crossroads): Percydale Road, Percydale / Old Coach Road

CLOSEST TOWN: Avoca

CO-ORDINATES: N/A

MAPS USED (brand/area): Spatial Vision G3 and G4

ACCESSABILITY (4WD, AWD, 2WD): 4wd, Awd, 2wd, Bike, Parachute

SIZE (how many camps would fit): Plenty

FACILITIES (toilet/shower/drinking water): Drop Loo, Campfire area, Cover, Bar and Seating

PHONE RECEPTION (yes/no/poor): Yes

PERMIT REQUIRED (yes/no): No

PET FRIENDLY (yes/no): Yes

BOOKING REQUIRED (yes/no): Yes - By invitation only (Through Outback Jack)

CAMPING COSTS:Zero but entertainment expenses are quite high.

Welcome to the Avoca Hilton Extravaganza March 2019 trip report.

Although numbers were reduced due to extenuating circumstances Outback Jacks Avoca Hilton lived up to its reputation of being the place to meet new people, chill out and enjoy exceptional facilities and company and have a downright great time.

Of course there are some things that cannot be told and some pictures that cannot be shown but over the next few days a verbal and pictorial account of this years first official trip to the Hilton will evolve from myself and the willing participants. Hope you enjoy and if you get the chance at a later date don't pass up the opportunity to join many others that have visited this pristine location.

Brian arrived at the Hilton to be greeted by a tree across the entry track which was a little too big for him to move.

I arrived around 4pm Wednesday 6th March, out with the stihl and the first installment to the wood pile was obtained.

After negotiating the high security lock up system we set up camp, open the loo, lit the "Olympic Flame" to declare Outback Jacks Avoca Hilton officially "OPEN"

Off to the bush for a quick trailer load of wood and back to enjoy tea and a few refreshments.

Thursday 7th March...

Up before sunrise after a restless nights sleep and as it worked out heralded a daily photo shoot with some spectacular Hilton Sunrises.

Brian was a bit crook but determined to stick it out for the duration as he may as well be out in the great outdoors instead of wallowing around at home.

Did a bit of prospecting and another trailer load of wood to ensure the "Jamo" greeting was as promised.

Set up my swag by Grahams Bar and partially under cover for a better nights sleep.

Friday 8th March....

Jamo arrived after a very long trip to Mexico and settled in to the Hilton Lifestyle very quickly in the teensie weensie pygmy chair.

Laurie and Gail arrived in separate vehicles in that order with the set up of the tent being prepared for her arrival.

A great, long night of frivolity ensued and ended with all being able to put themselves to bed.

Saturday 9th March

Up at sunrise yet again but with a roaring hangover and a little later a yummy brekky cooked by Brian.

We went for an introductory drive up to the lookout, Sardine Track pointing out the tough alternative but taking the chicken track then onto Turpin and Donkey Hill Track. Nearly made it to the trig point but due to last nights activities we made a quick executive decision to walk the last bit and avoid track rebuilding and underbody damage.

The vista from Donkey Hill was worth the walk and then we came down Turpin Track onto Perserverance Track to check out the old mine.
    Back to camp and another quick decision putting off the hotel trip to settle in for another normal Hilton night.

Sunday 10th March.....

Another brilliant sunrise and some sleepy hungover heads greeted the day with Brian battling a nasty cough each night.

Pacs, Young Jack and Bhodi arrived with the latter melting all who gazed upon his antics exploring the Hilton dirt on all fours.

The traditional working bee to restore the spouting was done and dusted. Pacs locked up the container and headed off followed by Jamo to begin his long trip home to NSW. After Jamo left his shovel was discovered leaning against the container and now seems destined to be part of the Hilton furniture until his return.

Not long after the job was done the heavens opened up with a small shower which tested the spouting with a pass in all facets.

Got a couple of bar stools out to compliment Grahams Bar, a bit of a detecting stroll achieved the same results with no yellow stuff.

Went to the Vic for tea and it did not come up to our expectations however was still enjoyable.

Monday 11th March......

Went for a tour to the Blue Pyranees Winery for a taste and purchased a couple of bottles. Harps friend, Phil was working there and looked after us well. After that drove in to Avoca to check out the free camping area behind the Avoca Hotel and partake in a local bakery pie followed by a yummy steak sanger from the Home Made Cafe.

Back to camp to give Brian the good news of the alternative menus available in town.

Speaking of menus the fare for the evening meal was to be Penne with a scrumptuous sauce but unfortunately the sauce bubble burst in the hot pasta water and basically ruined the meal angering the chef.

On a brighter note Brians cough subsided a little to the effect that he was able to join in the Hilton Celebrations for a late night.

Tuesday 12th March........

Pack up day for Laurie and Gail with a wood collecting trip for Brian and Myself.

Said our bye byes to yet another hilton regular and had a short trip to the mine again checking out some possible detecting locations.

Went back and tried them and this time found nothing but did unearth a scorpion. Obviously the area had been previously worked and all the usual trash was removed.

Wednesday 13th March..........

Yet another brilliant sunrise and the roos were back hopping across the paddock after having a holiday over the long weekend.

Packed up all, secured Jamo's shovel and locked up all the security requirements including the chain gate putting another wonderful Avoca Hilton trip into the memory bank.

Thanks for the privelege OBJ.........

Pics to follow after a good sleep.

Cheers.

Sounds like another fantastic weekend up the Hilton. I was blown away on my last visit down there to the beauty of the area. Simply stunning.

Glad all went to plan and another great time was had by all.

Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

Sounds like a great time (always is at the Hilton) shame I missed out due to working all weekend

Sent from my Note 9 using Tapatalk
    I don't always get it right

Is it beer o'clock yet? outback jack's Avatar
    As usual a great report Max, glad you all had a good time

EVERYWHERE I GO I BRING HAPPINESS, SOMETIMES ITS WHEN I ARRIVE, BUT ITS USUALLY WHEN I LEAVE

Had the good sleep so here comes some Hilton Pikkies

This one is a test to see if the Flickr Link works Mmmm

Obviously it doesn't so back to the drawing board - Patience is not one of my good points Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Oz Firey View Post
    NAME: Outback Jacks Avoca Hilton

LOCATION (nearest road/crossroads): Percydale Road, Percydale / Old Coach Road

CLOSEST TOWN: Avoca

CO-ORDINATES: N/A

MAPS USED (brand/area): Spatial Vision G3 and G4

ACCESSABILITY (4WD, AWD, 2WD): 4wd, Awd, 2wd, Bike, Parachute

SIZE (how many camps would fit): Plenty

FACILITIES (toilet/shower/drinking water): Drop Loo, Campfire area, Cover, Bar and Seating

PHONE RECEPTION (yes/no/poor): Yes

PERMIT REQUIRED (yes/no): No

PET FRIENDLY (yes/no): Yes

BOOKING REQUIRED (yes/no): Yes - By invitation only (Through Outback Jack)

CAMPING COSTS:Zero but entertainment expenses are quite high.

Welcome to the Avoca Hilton Extravaganza March 2019 trip report.

Although numbers were reduced due to extenuating circumstances Outback Jacks Avoca Hilton lived up to its reputation of being the place to meet new people, chill out and enjoy exceptional facilities and company and have a downright great time.

Of course there are some things that cannot be told and some pictures that cannot be shown but over the next few days a verbal and pictorial account of this years first official trip to the Hilton will evolve from myself and the willing participants. Hope you enjoy and if you get the chance at a later date don't pass up the opportunity to join many others that have visited this pristine location.

Brian arrived at the Hilton to be greeted by a tree across the entry track which was a little too big for him to move.

I arrived around 4pm Wednesday 6th March, out with the stihl and the first installment to the wood pile was obtained.

After negotiating the high security lock up system we set up camp, open the loo, lit the "Olympic Flame" to declare Outback Jacks Avoca Hilton officially "OPEN"

Off to the bush for a quick trailer load of wood and back to enjoy tea and a few refreshments.

Thursday 7th March...

Up before sunrise after a restless nights sleep and as it worked out heralded a daily photo shoot with some spectacular Hilton Sunrises.

Brian was a bit crook but determined to stick it out for the duration as he may as well be out in the great outdoors instead of wallowing around at home.

Did a bit of prospecting and another trailer load of wood to ensure the "Jamo" greeting was as promised.

Set up my swag by Grahams Bar and partially under cover for a better nights sleep.

Friday 8th March....

Jamo arrived after a very long trip to Mexico and settled in to the Hilton Lifestyle very quickly in the teensie weensie pygmy chair.

Laurie and Gail arrived in separate vehicles in that order with the set up of the tent being prepared for her arrival.

A great, long night of frivolity ensued and ended with all being able to put themselves to bed.

Saturday 9th March

Up at sunrise yet again but with a roaring hangover and a little later a yummy brekky cooked by Brian.

We went for an introductory drive up to the lookout, Sardine Track pointing out the tough alternative but taking the chicken track then onto Turpin and Donkey Hill Track. Nearly made it to the trig point but due to last nights activities we made a quick executive decision to walk the last bit and avoid track rebuilding and underbody damage.

The vista from Donkey Hill was worth the walk and then we came down Turpin Track onto Perserverance Track to check out the old mine.
    Back to camp and another quick decision putting off the hotel trip to settle in for another normal Hilton night.

Sunday 10th March.....

Another brilliant sunrise and some sleepy hungover heads greeted the day with Brian battling a nasty cough each night.

Pacs, Young Jack and Bhodi arrived with the latter melting all who gazed upon his antics exploring the Hilton dirt on all fours.

The traditional working bee to restore the spouting was done and dusted. Pacs locked up the container and headed off followed by Jamo to begin his long trip home to NSW. After Jamo left his shovel was discovered leaning against the container and now seems destined to be part of the Hilton furniture until his return.

Not long after the job was done the heavens opened up with a small shower which tested the spouting with a pass in all facets.

Got a couple of bar stools out to compliment Grahams Bar, a bit of a detecting stroll achieved the same results with no yellow stuff.

Went to the Vic for tea and it did not come up to our expectations however was still enjoyable.

Monday 11th March......

Went for a tour to the Blue Pyranees Winery for a taste and purchased a couple of bottles. Harps friend, Phil was working there and looked after us well. After that drove in to Avoca to check out the free camping area behind the Avoca Hotel and partake in a local bakery pie followed by a yummy steak sanger from the Home Made Cafe.

Back to camp to give Brian the good news of the alternative menus available in town.

Speaking of menus the fare for the evening meal was to be Penne with a scrumptuous sauce but unfortunately the sauce bubble burst in the hot pasta water and basically ruined the meal angering the chef.

On a brighter note Brians cough subsided a little to the effect that he was able to join in the Hilton Celebrations for a late night.

Tuesday 12th March........

Pack up day for Laurie and Gail with a wood collecting trip for Brian and Myself.

Said our bye byes to yet another hilton regular and had a short trip to the mine again checking out some possible detecting locations.

Went back and tried them and this time found nothing but did unearth a scorpion. Obviously the area had been previously worked and all the usual trash was removed.

Wednesday 13th March..........

Yet another brilliant sunrise and the roos were back hopping across the paddock after having a holiday over the long weekend.

Packed up all, secured Jamo's shovel and locked up all the security requirements including the chain gate putting another wonderful Avoca Hilton trip into the memory bank.

Thanks for the privelege OBJ.........

Pics to follow after a good sleep.

Cheers.

Well done Max.I tried to do a similar report yesterday but got an error code when posting. I have couple of pics and can't unlock the vids, anyhow well done

Try Again...........

Grahams' Bar (Weathering Well)

Now we're making progress and kicking goals

The procedure is:-

Select photo wanted - Download - Click View All Sizes
    Select desired size - Right Click Photo - Copy Image Address

To quick reply - Click Insert Image - Paste the URL and Enter - "JOBDUN"

The wood supply

The Brekky Expert

Jamo's Teensie Weensie Pygmy Chair

Gails Parking Spot and Relevant Empty Storage Area

The Bees Love Drinking OBJ's Special Water

Looks like a beer but certainly doesn't taste like one does it Brian

Young Jack and Bodhi

The "Donkey Hill" Rockery

Perserverance Mine

And Some Of The Sunrises

Jamo on the Lookout

Curious Residents

All that non-gold stuff found with the detector

Cheers

I keep on getting ERROR 403. I will try what you posted Max.
    Last edited by 2Lost; 14-03-19 at 02:36 PM.

Great pics Max as always
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

Is it beer o'clock yet? outback jack's Avatar
    Your a legend Max

EVERYWHERE I GO I BRING HAPPINESS, SOMETIMES ITS WHEN I ARRIVE, BUT ITS USUALLY WHEN I LEAVE