Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dinosaur Trail in April

Just a 10 min job, what could possibly go wrong? Hauler's Avatar

Dinosaur Trail in April

G'day all,

Finally we're getting our new camper out for a big trip. The basic plan is to get out to Larks Quarry then east to Hughenden and Richmond to see the museums there, then work our way back to Brisbane. Only have about 16 days but we've done these big trips before in that much time.

I'm thinking:

Bris - Charleville - Windorah or Jundah - Winton - Richmond - Hughenden - Muttaburra - Barcaldine - Augathella - Roma - Bris

I was hoping to fit in a quick visit to the Isa but I think we just won't have enough time and will be a bit pushed as it its.

Of course this will all depend on the amount of rain between now and then (early April). Plan B is Corner Country (my favourite). Plan C is somewhere further south like Broken Hill / Wilcannia / White Cliffs or maybe down to the Flinders Ranges.

Any suggestions for camp spots / things to see / how to break up the trip would be most gratefully accepted. Can't wait.

Mike.

Perhaps I should have put this in the Travel Advice sub-forum? Admin?

I'll be at Mt Isa Rodeo, Birdsville Races, Big Red Bash, Yabbie Races and Julia Creek this year and maybe a few other events.
    Cheers
    Leo

Quote Originally Posted by Hauler View Post
    Perhaps I should have put this in the Travel Advice sub-forum? Admin?
    all good mate moved it across
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Forum Apparel https://4wdadventurers.bigcartel.com/

Follow ujs on Insta and Facebook @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Facebook Thanks Greg

Well it's only a few weeks until we head off and looks like Plan A is going to be good - all roads open again where we need to go after the flooding although I want to do the Jundah to Winton Rd and Hughenden to Muttaburra Rd so will see how boggy they might still be. Hoping to get out to the Isa even for just a day to show the kids where I used to work. Car and camper just about fully prepped. Can't wait.

Lucky bugger! I look forward to hearing about your travels. I am not familiar with the route that you are taking so keen to hear about it. I am sure that you and your family will have a great time. I
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

One hell of a trip there planned. Looking forward to see how you get along and some teaser picks.
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

Quote Originally Posted by Hauler View Post
    Well it's only a few weeks until we head off and looks like Plan A is going to be good - all roads open again where we need to go after the flooding although I want to do the Jundah to Winton Rd and Hughenden to Muttaburra Rd so will see how boggy they might still be. Hoping to get out to the Isa even for just a day to show the kids where I used to work. Car and camper just about fully prepped. Can't wait.
    Well i hope it all goes well. When last at Mt Isa they had on display an old bit of machinery that i used to help fabricate from the ground up MALCOLM MOORE MINELOADER. Driver operated as you would know all radio controlled these days.

Have a great time away

I bet you are getting itchy feet to hit the road now mate! half your luck I look forward to reading of your adventures
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Forum Apparel https://4wdadventurers.bigcartel.com/

Follow ujs on Insta and Facebook @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Facebook Thanks Greg

Yep, can't wait. First stop Charleville for 2 nights including a visit to the Cosmos Centre. We went a few years back and really enjoyed it.