Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feb Fast

Just a 10 min job, what could possibly go wrong? Hauler's Avatar
    I'm not doing Feb fast this year although I usually do (and also Dry July). I like a cold beverage as much as the next guy but I've had a health wake up call recently and overall have dropped my alcohol intake quite a lot (although I'm having a few cold ones this arvo :-) ) I don't find it that hard most of the time and its hundreds of calories not going in as well as avoiding a headache the next day. Oh, and alcohol is a carcinogen (don't shoot the messenger!)

Quote Originally Posted by rags View Post
    Harps I will take your comment as an ideal opportunity to share with and encourage others. It might take the topic in a different direction but it's a good opportunity to share.
    My story;

At age 54 I'm fit n healthy but carrying a few extra Kgs, nothing excessive though, (86kgs/ 170 cm tall). On the advice of my GP,
    I've just had a full checkup including blood tests , ultra scans of prostrate and kidney etc.
    Its been a bit of a wake up that without change I could head down the path of type2 diabetes and other issues that come with carrying a bit of weigh and enjoying all those things you are giving up as part of Feb Fast.
    I need to lose around 10-12kg. A plan has been worked out on attacking this goal.
    I'm also booked in for a top n tail camera inspection to check that the food in food out operating system is still in good service. and functioning.

I would encourage everyone to have a conversation with your GP especially if you are carrying a few extra kg/s and approaching your middle aged.
    Thanks for sharing. We think we are invincible. It is important that we do take our health seriously and do have regular check-ups. It is best to find out as early as possible if there are any issues.

It is kinda strange that we do eat and drink so much stuff that is bad for us. Habits and temptation are amazingly powerful.

The reason I am doing Feb Fast is to moderate my habits and prove to myself that I can go without alcohol. I find when I have a dry spell I drink less for a while and then start going back to habits. That is when it is time for another spell.

It is hard, there is always a reason to drink - catchup with mates, camping trip, work function, etc. It comes down to priorities.

I am doing well so far - 2 days in! Woohoo.
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

Quote Originally Posted by Hauler View Post
    I'm not doing Feb fast this year although I usually do (and also Dry July). I like a cold beverage as much as the next guy but I've had a health wake up call recently and overall have dropped my alcohol intake quite a lot (although I'm having a few cold ones this arvo :-) ) I don't find it that hard most of the time and its hundreds of calories not going in as well as avoiding a headache the next day. Oh, and alcohol is a carcinogen (don't shoot the messenger!)
    Two pints is equal to a Big Mac. Now that is alot of calories!

like you need to fast Harps you'll waste away mate its okay I'm sure OBJ has a beer for you!
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Forum Apparel https://4wdadventurers.bigcartel.com/

Follow ujs on Insta and Facebook @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Facebook Thanks Greg

Is it beer o'clock yet? outback jack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pacs View Post
    like you need to fast Harps you'll waste away mate its okay I'm sure OBJ has a beer for you!
    Several Harps, you will have to come around and check out my new abode

EVERYWHERE I GO I BRING HAPPINESS, SOMETIMES ITS WHEN I ARRIVE, BUT ITS USUALLY WHEN I LEAVE

Quote Originally Posted by outback jack View Post

Several Harps, you will have to come around and check out my new abode
    As long as you have an icy cold water ready for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harps View Post
    As long as you have an icy cold water ready for me.
    The only time I use water Harps is when I have my morning mug of tea and when I flush the crapper

EVERYWHERE I GO I BRING HAPPINESS, SOMETIMES ITS WHEN I ARRIVE, BUT ITS USUALLY WHEN I LEAVE

And I forgot Harps I occasionally have a shower

Quote Originally Posted by outback jack View Post
    And I forgot Harps I occasionally have a shower
    Do you only use paper plates and plastic cutlery?

7th day! Going strong. I was very tempted the last 2 nights. But my will power prevailed.

The Highett RSL is calling you mate, and I'll even buy you and Rajace a jug of ice water