Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kyalite Australia Day Long Weekend Trip Report

Post Kyalite Australia Day Long Weekend Trip Report

NAME: Edwards River - Kyalite - NSW
    LOCATION (nearest road/crossroads): Kyalite Pub
    CLOSEST TOWN: Swan Hill
    CO-ORDINATES: n/a just out of town on the Moulamein Rd turn right on access tracks to get down to the river.
    MAPS USED (brand/area): n/a
    ACCESSABILITY (4WD, AWD, 2WD): All except in wet conditions
    SIZE (how many camps would fit): plenty along the Edwards and Wakool Rivers
    FACILITIES (toilet/shower/drinking water): none just river water
    PHONE RECEPTION (yes/no/poor): none though you may get a text message out if you keep trying Telstra was SOS 99% of the time.
    PERMIT REQUIRED (yes/no): no
    PET FRIENDLY (yes/no): yes
    BOOKING REQUIRED (yes/no): no
    CAMPING COSTS: zip

Just going to keep this report simple and I'm sure other attendees will add to it as they arrive home over the week.

Thanks to Max and Brian for heading out and selecting a camp site and setting up a base camp

We left Bendigo 8:00am Saturday Morning and drove up to Swan Hill and headed the long way around to Moulamein then up to Kyalite mainly as I hadn't been through to Moulamein before so I wanted to see what other access there was between Moulamein and Kyalite along the Edwards river.

We arrived at the Pub at lunch time and called in to grab a cool drink and a bag of chips to keep the lads going as the worms were biting.
    while chatting to Vicki I asked how they survived the prior 47c degree day she said it was more like 50c as the reading in Swan Hill on the day was 47.5c I think Max Brian, and Laurence spent the day being dust blown and sun dried while trying to stay hydrated.

We setup camp in between Max and Laurence's camp sites and the lads Jack and Brodi were straight into the fishing with a nice Silver Perch soon being landed to get us on the scoreboard Go! Team Hilux...

To say I had a secret weapon of sorts Brodi kept us rising up the score board with his enthusiasm and ever growing telly so say the kid could fish was an understatement and keener than mustard i think Jack dropped off as he couldn't keep up with his mate.

Camp was setup and it was nice relaxing on the river walking between camps and stirring up the competition.

A few photos to follow and album link .

Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Forum Apparel https://4wdadventurers.bigcartel.com/

Follow ujs on Insta @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Thanks Greg

Follow ujs on Insta @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Thanks Greg

Is it beer o'clock yet? outback jack's Avatar
    Looks a good spot pacs, what was the pub like ?

EVERYWHERE I GO I BRING HAPPINESS, SOMETIMES ITS WHEN I ARRIVE, BUT ITS USUALLY WHEN I LEAVE

Quote Originally Posted by outback jack View Post
    Looks a good spot pacs, what was the pub like ?
    I've been there before mate pub is awesome and so is Vicki she just doesn't like the other lads apparently they have a special name for her I'm sure they will share

Fantastic photos mate!
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg

Quote Originally Posted by Touring Rich View Post
    Fantastic photos mate!
    Cheers mate finally dusted the camera off and snapped a few

Hello all,

I arrived just after 12.00 on the Friday afternoon and yes it was a long hot windy,dusty drive. The aircon in the car was going most of the way. Finding Max and Brian all set up with their lines in the water and partaking of a cool refreshment in the heat of the day(Soon to get hotter)

After a bit of a yak, i went and set up my camp spot. Popped the lid on the Engle looking forward to a cold can after the drive and set up. Alas it was just cold????. The heat was taking it out of me, even the water i had in the fridge was only just chilled. Feeling to stuffed to check things out. I transfered drinks to Brians esky thanks mate did the job.

Saturday.Things were playing on my mind, there was only enough chill in the old 26 year old Engle to just keep the food ok a trickle??????. I had a new Deep Cycle battery fitted the week before.

So began the fault finding. The first thing i always check is the earth. All good. Popped the bonnet, well there is a 50 amp fuse between the battery and the isolater male/female connection, melted together. Further on the auxillary is in the tray of the ute another 50 amp fuse blown. We all gathered around . There had to be a reason, why ??????????.I noticed that a black leed had been connected to the positive ***. Seemed to be the problem.

Anyhow a few temporary bush mechanic fixes and many thanks to Greg and Max and the rest of you guys for your help. So much appriciatedthe old Engle was purring again.

So a trip into SWAN HILL to get things sorted 60 ks. Australia Day, auto electrician all closed. 60 ks back to the camp spot.

Sunday. I take a chance and head into TOOLEYBUC about 20 ks from where we are camped. The garage is open. Fantastic bloke and went out of his way to fix my problem. $55.00 parts and labour and a professional jobTop job and the fridge is humming away. I could not be any more happy. Just so good.

My auto/elec has now got the BIG A.

Sorry, everyone if this has been long winded but just trying to make people aware about what is avaliable if you have a problem.

So, thats the only reason i caught one fish. I was to busy on the road driving

Young BRODIE was the king of the weekend with his catches and well done to him

Is it beer o'clock yet? outback jack's Avatar
    Well done Barney a bloke always needs any icy old beer

EVERYWHERE I GO I BRING HAPPINESS, SOMETIMES ITS WHEN I ARRIVE, BUT ITS USUALLY WHEN I LEAVE

You were lucky to get it sorted while away on the trip mate Id carry at least four of those fuses in the glovebox now just as backup and Id be hanging the bill to your supposed autoelec that doesnt know positive from negative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk