Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Ford Ranger Wildtrak

Formally lived in Blue Mts NSW now live Brisbane Northside
    Quote Originally Posted by CatchinJack View Post
    Yeh a few reviewers have bagged it to hell but the bi turbo with 10 speed has so much power and leaves the 3.2 for dead, the old bigger is better mentality. Even when I put foot down it stayed under 3000rpm.
    I suffer from the bigger is better mentality when I look at the Ford Mustang, 2.3 turbo- 224 kW vs 5.0 V8 340 KW, oh and don't forget the engine sound.
    Seriously though I think this new ranger motor and transmission combo appears to be a good combo. Will be interested in your reflections in comparison with your Prado with regards comfort etc. I'm tempted to also swap.
    I wish they would make the disc/ coil rear axle as running in the Raptor, an option in the Wildtrack
    My wheels of choice 150 GX Prado towing a Jayco 12.37 Outback Expanda

Bitumen! A complete waste of money. mudduck's Avatar
    Thats one pretty truck. I look forward to seeing it modified. I got out of a 120 Prado for my ranger and find the rangers ride and comfort equal or better than the Prado. I hope you enjoy your new ride. As previously stated Im looking forward to the build.
    Cheers Steve. VK2UD

Mudduck's 4wd Touring
    2010 200 Series twin turbo V8 Diesel 200kw of screaming Toyota Muscle
    2017 Ford Ranger turbo diesel with some stuff

200 Tourer
    Ranger
    Camper

Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by rags View Post
    I suffer from the bigger is better mentality when I look at the Ford Mustang, 2.3 turbo- 224 kW vs 5.0 V8 340 KW, oh and don't forget the engine sound.
    Seriously though I think this new ranger motor and transmission combo appears to be a good combo. Will be interested in your reflections in comparison with your Prado with regards comfort etc. I'm tempted to also swap.
    I wish they would make the disc/ coil rear axle as running in the Raptor, an option in the Wildtrack
    Leaves the Prado for dead mate in all aspects, the dream combo would've been the 3.2 with the 10 speed i reckon but the bi turbo is more than powerful and leaves Prado for dead.
    Superior Engineering do a coil rear conversion for $3500 and you keep the 3.5T towing capacity.
    Cheers
    Leo