Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ford Ranger Wildtrak

New Ford Ranger Wildtrak

Well time for the Prado to go and have decided on the new 2L bi turbo Ford Ranger Wildtrak, have driven the 3.2 also and the 2L with the 10 speed is an absolute pleasure to drive, going the Saber colour and adding approx 15k worth of accessories to it.
    Cheers
    Leo

Crikey Leo no messing about mate good to hear from you and the new build sounds exciting
    still getting out and about for a fish in the kayaks?
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Follow me on Insta @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Greg

Nice one! 10 speed would be awesome. Is the transmission proven?
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

You're not towing? From what I've read the 3.2 is still the better tow vehicle just because of the fat torque curve.
    Cheers Dave

My farm ute

The 2L bi turbo with the 10 speed leaves the old 3.2 6 speed for dead, unfortunately you still have the "bigger is better" mentality of some.
    The bi turbo has more torque across a wider range than the 3.2 and with the 10 speed puts motor under less stress, 5yr unlimited km warranty as well.
    I'm putting ARB canopy, bullbar on it, driving lights, winch, drawers, dual battery, 2in lift and rhino roof cage but can't decide if i'll put that on roof or on canopy yet.
    Pacs, the yaks have been gathering dust due to health issues but will get em out eventually.
    I was lookin at the raptor but it doesn't have adaptive cruise control so didn't get it, i can get superior engineering to put a coil rear in for $3500 which keeps the 3.5T towing.
    Cheers
    Leo

Quote Originally Posted by CatchinJack View Post
    The 2L bi turbo with the 10 speed leaves the old 3.2 6 speed for dead, unfortunately you still have the "bigger is better" mentality of some.
    I said it was from "what I've read", which I take with a grain of salt. I'd want to drive both back to back and make up my own mind in regards to towing. Once you get it set up, it sounds like it will be a nice ride.
    Cheers Dave

My farm ute

Formally lived in Blue Mts NSW now live Brisbane Northside
    Will be interested in how you go jumping out of the Prado and into the Ford. I too have been considering jumping out of my 3rd Prado and into a ute and got a tad excited when I heard the raptor would have the coil rear end along with rear disk brakes but then disappointed that it misses out on the safety extras. Pity that ford doesn't offer an option on the wild track.
    My wheels of choice 150 GX Prado towing a Jayco 12.37 Outback Expanda

mmmmmm very nice Leo. Not only to they look half good, having a proven (overseas) engine with all the safety features will be a great family hauler.

Look forward to seeing it.

Smokey
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

Can't make up my mind between the charcoal or the orange colour now.
    Sorry Dave wasn't meant to sound the way i said it, just on some forums and FB pages you got people living in dark ages and bad mouthing the smaller engine without having driven it or without any knowledge.
    Cheers
    Leo

All good Leo.

I'd go with Charcoal or the sand colour if it was me, all these oranges looked dated to me these days. To my mind orange metallic was all the rage back in the 90's when they painted SS Dunnydore's that colour, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say.
    Cheers Dave

My farm ute