Thread: Hi from Melbourne

Hi from Melbourne

Hello folks, I found my way here while doing a bit of reading online.
    I recently picked up a 2010 Mitsubishi Pajero and would like to get the family into camping and some 4wd'ing.
    I have two kids, 4 and 6 and basically starting from scratch. I used to do quite a bit of camping in my younger days of hiking and climbing, but that was a good 20+ years ago.
    Looking to start easy and stay in a caravan park to start with, but as we get gear, upgrade the car (stock at the moment) and the kids and wife get used to it, I'd like to get a little more adventurous.
    Anyway, I look forward to reading up of all the good advice here getting up to speed to help my family get out there and enjoy this wonderful country.

Is it beer o'clock yet? outback jack's Avatar
    Welcome aboard mugofevil, hope you enjoy the forum

EVERYWHERE I GO I BRING HAPPINESS, SOMETIMES ITS WHEN I ARRIVE, BUT ITS USUALLY WHEN I LEAVE

G'day mugofevil, welcome and happy camping. Based on common experience here I don't envy you the $$ you're about to part with upgrading gear and car etc, but I guess that's part of the fun!

What evil do you put in your mug??

Spike
    So much to see, so little time.......

Welcome aboard.

Getting outdoors is awesome. Good idea to get the family in a caravan park environment. Although they may get used to it

Whereabouts did you previously hike?
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

Forum Enthusiast
    Welcome aboard

Welcome to the forum mugofevil we hope you enjoy it!
    thanks for taking the time to make an intro enjoy the reading hope to catch you around the camp fire some day
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Follow me on Insta @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Greg

G’day and welcome to the forum.
    You’ve got a good base car to start from there, should serve yourself and family well.
    Where about’s are you located?

Cheers
    Smokey
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

Thanks for the warm welcome. To answer a few of your questions:
    Spike69, I'll put any evil I can find in my mug (I actually got the name from a comic called Megatokyo, it's my goto forum username). And yeah, I know this is going to be an expensive hobby!
    Harps. Not really much hiking experience, was mostly around the Cathedral Ranges and in the Grampians. Most of the hiking I did was incorporated in climbing trips, which was more my thing. But a few small overnight hikes etc.
    Smokey 2.8. I'm located in Diamond Creek, so hoping to start getting out to Kinglake, Mt Dissapointment etc. on some nice easy tracks to start.

Good one. There is some good hiking and climbing (not that i climb) in Cathedral Ranges and not too far from Melb...
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

Quote Originally Posted by Harps View Post
    Good one. There is some good hiking and climbing (not that i climb) in Cathedral Ranges and not too far from Melb...
    Yeah for sure, its lovely up there. I did the Razorback walk about 12 months ago, had a ball!