Thread: Liquimoly Engine Flush plus - includes video

Liquimoly Engine Flush plus - includes video

Afternoon all,

After being happy with the results following my Liquimoly Diesel Engine intake decarb clean a few weeks back I figured it was time to drop the oil and get any rubbish it may have removed out.
    I know I should have done it sooner but I was too busy enjoying the Paj rather than working on it.
    With that said, I thought I give the engine flush plus a crack and see what its all about.

Reading and watching any content I could find on it, provided me with a mix of opinions and like most things everyone was convinced theirs was right.
    Whilst I did find comments recommending against it, I didn't see any real evidence that proved giving it a go would be as bad as suggested.

As with the Decarb, I figure if these products were killing engines , I think there would be info that could be found to support it.
    With no proof to be found, I jumped in with both feet to try it out.
    Again, I thought this might be a good move after the previous intake clean to make sure everything was as clean as it could be before throwing in some new oil.

Overall, I can't say that there was any obvious benefits to the flush but I will be keeping an eye on the oil to see how quickly is turns black.
    Not that this will be proof that it worked but it will at least be a visual sign that something went right.

I'd be interested if anyone else has tried it and what their results were if they had any more definitive outcomes than I did.

As always, here's the vid

Hey Brett, I gotta say Iíve been skeptical about the pro/cons of engine oil flushes over the years and working in the trade doesnít make it any easier.
    My theory was if the vehicles engine has had Ďregularí oil changes and has no pre existing issues all should be ok.
    Iíve always carried out regular engine oil flushes on my Petrol and Diesel engines to no ill effect yet.
    My old dirty RD28ETi had yearly flushes with what I could only say was a positive outcome, with longer clean time after the flush and what seemed more oil coming out after the change.
    Iíve noticed it more on my current acquisition, carrying out a flush initially and noticing how long the oil stayed clean after it.
    The engine oil I use has a very high detergent value, and can only aid in this also.

So thanks for sharing the vid for others.

Smokey
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

sup Smoke.
    Thanks heaps for the info. That's exactly the info I was after.
    As this vehicle is second hand to me, you never can be too sure but the services have been kept up to it, so I'm fairly confident all is well with regards to oil changes and the like.
    There is always a risk though not knowing the vehicle.
    Curious as to what oil you are referring to?
    As per the vid, I went with penrite.
    Seems to get good wraps and comes on special at super cheap from around the $100 mark down to around 45. So I usually snaffle a couple of 10L when it comes up.
    I always like to keep a spare in the shed just in case. It saves me having to get one at full price if I need a change for some reason.
    Whilst i grabbed the oil filter on its own today for 45 bucks they do a service kit which is the oil, fuel and air filter for $99. Much better value but it has to be ordered in.

Always happy to share my experiences and let others make up their own minds.
    I am curious to see how the oil changes colour and if it takes longer to discolour after this.
    Still early days but since I was doing the oil change anyway, I figured why not.

My oil choice is never easy working in the trade and knowing a little more inside info than most have access.
    After trying many different brands and finding out what my old girl (Smokey2.8) required a special Japanese spec JASO-DH1 I settled for a highly recommended Caltex Delo 400 and have been very impressed with it in regards to quietness longevity oil analysis etc Iíve used it again in my current Patrol Diesel too.
    Main thing to remember is to make sure changes are frequent and if they are the actual oil type is a little less important ie mineral / synthetic argument.

Smokey
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

Smoke. Will suss it out