Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matt's Everest

Well I took the Everest out on it's first real crack at 4wding on the weekend and was super impressed with the Everest. Went up the high country on Friday and straight up to Mt Terrible then back down to Running Creek. Saturday saw myself and BigSteve in his 200 head off along Steiners then all the way down Mitchells, Mount Sunday Road, The Low Saddle then Mountain Ash Track and camped at Chester's hut. Sunday Saw us tackle some great tracks with Black Soil Track, Macalister River Track, Butcher Country Track and Dingo Hill Track and onto Tamboritha Road to Licola then back to Ballarat. The car heaps of pinstripes and found out Monday an oil leak out the front diff breather which Ford have already had a squiz at but unable to find the cause but has been lodged into their system. Oil level was still good? It certainly got a workout on Butcher and Dingo in particular. The auto, coils in rear extra power and hill descent were all an improvement over the Triton as was the slightly lower first gear for the low range hills. Looking forward to the next time I take it out.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsglxr View Post
    Well I took the Everest out on it's first real crack at 4wding on the weekend and was super impressed with the Everest. Went up the high country on Friday and straight up to Mt Terrible then back down to Running Creek. Saturday saw myself and BigSteve in his 200 head off along Steiners then all the way down Mitchells, Mount Sunday Road, The Low Saddle then Mountain Ash Track and camped at Chester's hut. Sunday Saw us tackle some great tracks with Black Soil Track, Macalister River Track, Butcher Country Track and Dingo Hill Track and onto Tamboritha Road to Licola then back to Ballarat. The car heaps of pinstripes and found out Monday an oil leak out the front diff breather which Ford have already had a squiz at but unable to find the cause but has been lodged into their system. Oil level was still good? It certainly got a workout on Butcher and Dingo in particular. The auto, coils in rear extra power and hill descent were all an improvement over the Triton as was the slightly lower first gear for the low range hills. Looking forward to the next time I take it out.
    Sounds like a good run mate. The pinstripes will buff out

That's fantastic Matt glad all went well mate I saw a couple of photos you posted on FB
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Forum Apparel https://4wdadventurers.bigcartel.com/

Follow ujs on Insta and Facebook @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Facebook Thanks Greg

Nice one! Always good when you can get confidence in your vehicle.

You covered a fair distance too and some great tracks. VHC rocks.

How often did you use the HDC?
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

Harps I used the hill descent about 3-4 times mainly as I had never used it and thought I'd give it a whirl and the control offered was great on the really steep pinches. Young Nic was impressed too.

Harps I used the hill descent about 3-4 times mainly as I had never used it and thought I'd give it a whirl and the control offered was great on the really steep pinches. Young Nic was impressed too.
    Cool mate. I have one of those buttons too, but I've never pressed it. It's probably me just being old school, but do you have any concerns on the brakes over heating when using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Harps View Post
    Cool mate. I have one of those buttons too, but I've never pressed it. It's probably me just being old school, but do you have any concerns on the brakes over heating when using it?
    Went out with a group years ago. A friend organised an intro day doing some tracks, we had about ten cars, to many. Anyhow, one of the cars was a DISCO 3 i think. The first time he had been out 4x4 driving. We came to a down hill track a little bit narley and rocky in places but nothing major, medium if that.

This guy was second last in the group, we all got to the bottom of the track. Waiting,waiting,waiting? The CBs were going off ***,after half an hour he finally met up with us at the bottom.

He had used hill decent all the way down, snails pace.

That is my only experience of its use

Haha. In the jeeps it brings the speed down to walking pace. Sounds similar to your mates disco. That's it. I'm gonna press that button!

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Haha. In the jeeps it brings the speed down to walking pace. Sounds similar to your mates disco. That's it. I'm gonna press that button!

Sorry for the thread hijack.
    All good mate but to me it seemed a slow walking pace. Push the button:suprise

As far as the brakes go they weren't on all the time and from what I could tell it was only certain wheels at certain times the low range is pretty low so the gearbox did most of the braking.