Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VHC Huts and hill climbs.

VHC Huts and hill climbs.

Hi guys, this is part 1 of our VHC blog. Please let me know if you have any questions, it was our first time in this area of Australia.

Eyes on the horizon, squinting to look further and further. We were beginning to feel hyperopic in a couple of ways. Earning the leave required for another remote trip means long hours behind the desk. After some weekend exploring closer to home, I realised the Mountains were calling. Some short hours drive away. I must go.

Leave booked, and then rebooked, we were now scheduled to arrive in Victoria at the end of the school holidays, phew! Other than looking at Bright during their Autumn festival, we had no other plans. Maps in hand and fuel in the tank, did we need any?
    Continue reading.

https://rlhydnoverland.com/trip-repo...s-huts-part-1/

Formally lived in Blue Mts NSW now live Brisbane Northside
    Another great blog of your travels, great pics and descriptions. Agree that you can't beat a good curry pie from a country town bakery washed down with a tea but hopefully not a "bitter" flavoured tea.
    Thanks for sharing.
    My wheels of choice 150 GX Prado towing a Jayco 12.37 Outback Expanda

Thanks mate, I'll let the missus know.

Busy planning trips and mods... Red GU's Avatar
    I think that is the first thing of yours I have read and I found it quite enjoyable. A nice style to your writing. Blue Rag is certainly a wonderful place, the track is now getting some character back following the dozing that happened during the 2013 fires, for a while it resembled a 4 lane highway but the views could never be destroyed, just altered with the fires leaving millions of dead trees in their wake.

Dave
    Dave and Fiona

Thanks for the feedback mate. It was not a hard drive but we had heard that it had been graded a few years ago and wasn't too bad.

Part 2 is now up.

The warmth and brightness of the sun, is the most natural alarm clock you can’t buy. At our high altitude camp, our closest yet to the aforementioned sun, we were awake early.

https://rlhydnoverland.com/trip-repo...d-huts-part-2/

Just had a go at a little youtube clip of some of our footage. Not sure yet if video is our thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np3jBUINkHI