CLOSEST TOWN: Seaforth
    MAPS USED : didnít use a map. Most maps should have this covered
    ACCESSABILITY : you can get there in a 2WD
    SIZE : 8 pax per site, 12 sites all up
    FACILITIES : Longdrop
    PHONE RECEPTION : poor
    PERMIT REQUIRED : Yes
    PET FRIENDLY :No
    BOOKING REQUIRED : essential! This place is always fully booked!
    CAMPING COSTS: $26 a night per site

Another trip this weekend, couldnít have asked for better weather!

Starting Friday we made our way there,takes about 50 mins from Mackay. It was a family members birthday so was going to be a big weekend!

I set up the swag & then proceeded to set up the rest of the camp, with a cold one of course!

As we were setting up the gazebos, one of the kids noticed a kookaburra with some fishing line hanging out of its mouth. So the father in law grabbed the line & we grabbed ahold of the kookaburra. Turns out the poor thing had swallowed a hook! So without doing any damage to it we carefully cut away what we could of the fishing gear and sent it on his way. He didnít leave our camp all weekend. We saw him eating though which was good, hoping that the hook will disintegrate like they do in fish.

Once the camp was all sorted we started the bbq and the fire, from there we settled in with a good steak and a few cold ones before hitting the hay pretty early!

Saturday we woke up it was pretty chilly so starting the day with a coffee and a good breakfast was the key! We went down to the beach which is through some trees, keen for a fish. The tide goes out quite far but comes in super quick!

We caught a few whiting and an remoura! Lots of fish jumping further out too, but Murphyís law, if we had brought the boat, the weather would have been crap!

After a few hours on the beach we returned to camp and lit the bbqs, we had 2 chickens, 2 lamb legs & 2 pork roasts too cook & boy did the taste good!

This morning then was the hardest part packing up

All in all it was an awesome weekend, itís nice to get away too such an awesome place. Donít forget to print your permit and put it in a ziplock bag at the front of your camp on the designated pole. The rangers do come around. The only facilities there really is the longdrop toilet, there is also a tap near the toilet which I think is bore water. Out of the 12 camp sites there I think number 11 which is where we stayed is the best one, but they all have views of the beach. Booking is essential as this place is always packed! Because itís a national park/ nature reserve, you can have a fire at the camp site but only using milled wood. You canít take your dogs either.

Thanks for reading!

Jonny

Oh before I forget there are a few of these cheeky buggers about, so make sure everything is locked up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mctwodrinks; 13-05-18 at 02:31 PM.

Arrrhh the North Queensland tides, donít they move quick. Thatís a great campground Iíd love to have down south of the boarder.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

It was within like 45 minutes and it was all the way in, it came in super fast! Itís a lovely place. Thanks for reading

Epic webber cook off love it and a couple of locals looks like a top spot thanks for sharing
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Follow me on Insta @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Greg

We had 6 all up, 2 tandoori chicken, 2 legs of lamb & 2 boneless pork shoulder, it was an awesome little cook off! Itís a top spot for sure!

Been 25 yrs since I was there ( presume it's the same place as Cape Hillsborough camping and cabins area ? ) Are the shop and cabins still there ? Remember the bush turkeys were very friendly !!

Oh wow! Yeah down in the resort there are the cabins and one or two shops/cafes with the rooís on the beach in the morning but plenty of bush turkeys youíre right there!