Thread: Pajero connect it rear storage/bed build

Pajero connect it rear storage/bed build

hey Guys,

over the past few weekends I've been sticking some time into building up the storage /bed platform for the rear of the NT pajero.
    My previous build in the delica was made purely from timber but in an effort to reduce weights, I decided to give the connect it a go for the frame.
    I checked out the prices at bunnings but found capral aluminium to have the same product but at about half the price. They call it qubelok though in case you go searching.

The timber is 12mm ply, most of it salvaged from the previous delica build.
    I was going to give those away after the delica sold. Bloody glad I didn't. The marine carpet is expensive.

The frame basically becomes a bed platform with the addition of a smaller box at the end.
    This is so during normal use, the smaller box stays out and I still have access to the storage well at the back.

The additional box will be used to house some camping gear and will only be put in when I'm camping from the car.

I do love the ability and security of climbing over the back and sleeping inside the car.
    Its perfect for those quick over nighters.
    All I need to do is grab some snacks and some fire wood and I'm away.
    When I'm done, chuck the chair back in the box, pack up the dog and I'm gone.

It's still a work in progress and I need to figure how to mount it to the floor so it doesn't move.
    It's pretty well in there now but I'd be more comfortable bolting in down just in case.
    Should be an easy enough job to do.

Here's the video giving you the guided tour thus far.

Brett

Great stuff mate!

SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg

Thanks TR. always good fun makin stuff

Brett,
    Some great thought and planning has gone into the bed build storage. Has to say I do like the idea of the alloy square tubing, it looks easy to easy and very light weight.
    Enjoy Bylong, and thanks for showing us some great ideas.

Smokey
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

Hey Smoke.
    The aluminium is a huge weight saver over the usual timber frame work and so much easier to deal with so long as you have a way to cut it.
    I think its also perfect for drawer builds as well.
    In fact I'm planning on using it to build a radio stand for my ham gear on my desk to tidy things up a little.

Can't wait for Bylong. I don't think I've looked forward to something this much since I lost my virginity

I shall do my best to get some footage whilst I'm there. Although I might be busy having too much fun.

mate.

Hey Smoke.
    The aluminium is a huge weight saver over the usual timber frame work and so much easier to deal with so long as you have a way to cut it.
    I think its also perfect for drawer builds as well.
    In fact I'm planning on using it to build a radio stand for my ham gear on my desk to tidy things up a little.

Can't wait for Bylong. I don't think I've looked forward to something this much since I lost my virginity

I shall do my best to get some footage whilst I'm there. Although I might be busy having too much fun.

mate.