Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Victorian High Country Trip (2x Defenders & a 80's Cruiser)

Formally lived in Blue Mts NSW now live Brisbane Northside
    Hey Rob, yet another fantastic write up of what sounds like a great trip. The southern states are blessed in the choice for mountain travels, it is just that much further away from Brissy. Enjoyed the read.
    My wheels of choice 150 GX Prado towing a Jayco 12.37 Outback Expanda

Quote Originally Posted by stew70 View Post
    Excellent write up and great pics. Despite a few issues sounds and looks like you had a fantastic trip. How does mate rate the little stockman pod trailer. Have looked at those a rew times for a tough light weight trailer.
    Yeah, he loves his podtrailer.... It was the older type of leaf springs and a straight axle. He checked out the more H/D version one with independant suspension and then found out the price.... They were asking something like $15-$16k for the one, so he thought that was rediculous and went about making his into the offroad version by simply buying the independant suspension kit from vehicle components up here in Geebung and had a trailer mob weld it all up for him. He saved thousands doing it this way and it performs just as good too....
    ==================
    Cheers.....
    RobM

Family Touring - 150's GXL D4D Prado....
    Recent Purchase : '96 Landrover Discovery TDi (A).....Work & Play.... maybe
    Un-expected Recent Purchase : '96 Landrover DEFENDER 110 TDi....Future Tourer???
    See My Exploring Trips here: My Exploring/Touring Trips
    Playing : The "Toy" Suzuki Vitara - Now retired