Thread: Cheap simple solutions

Cheap Solutions

Gíday everyone I thought it might be fun to hear your cheap solutions to problems or mods on your rig.

Iíll start, anyone that knows me knows Iím a cheapskate so when I needed flares for my wider tyres I used garden edging I had in the shed.

Last edited by doily_grunge; 12-03-18 at 06:33 PM.

Most of my mods tend to be either expensive but simple (just buy it from ARB), or cheap but complicated (make your own drop down fridge slide) Cheap an simple is a rare combination

The mounting brackets for my Projecta inverter, would fit the cheap and simple criteria. I used some scrap sail track I had lying around to make the mounts, cut to length then squeeze the gap closed in a vice and jobs done, 5 minutes, 1 guy and no $$$$$$, Oh and the local auto store forgot to put the 1 at the start of the price tag for the inverter, so I got it for $24.95 instead of $124.95.

Cheers Andrew
    Why would I buy something for $10 when I can make it for $20

2009 120 Prado http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showth...AJ-s-120-Prado
    HZJ79 Cruiser http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showth...ies-Cruser-Ute

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    Cheap an simple is a rare combination
    True maybe we will just go for cheap then. Those brackets are a great idea, the inverter was a steal too. Iíll have to keep an eye out at my auto store haha.

Hereís another simple thing Iíve done, maybe a bit old school as most cars probably donít have them anymore. But my dizzy was getting water in it when doing creek crossings, so I ran a hose from the valve on the dizzy cap into the air cleaner so always fresh air no more water!

Forum Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by doily_grunge View Post
    True maybe we will just go for cheap then. Those brackets are a great idea, the inverter was a steal too. I’ll have to keep an eye out at my auto store haha.

Here’s another simple thing I’ve done, maybe a bit old school as most cars probably don’t have them anymore. But my dizzy was getting water in it when doing creek crossings, so I ran a hose from the valve on the dizzy cap into the air cleaner so always fresh air no more water!

Like that