Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wisdom of towing a Camper through Old Andado?

Great thanks again all. So corrugations and bulldust but camper should be fine. Got it. Never encountered bull dust knee deep, so that would be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by king kahuna View Post
    we did the binns track in sept of 2012 and went through a fair bit of deep bulldust re-trip report "a month in the centre"
    but as the others have said spike69 you will do it no worries
    As Scott said, we did come across a few patches of bulldust but they weren't an issue. I wouldn't hesitate to do that trip with a camper again. The drive from Oodnadatta to Dalhousie to Mt Dare then the Binns Track to Old Andado was one of my favourite parts of our month long trip. Mind you, the road from Dalhousie to Mt Dare was the worst road we encountered. Bulldust, bad corrugations and massive rocks all the way but we took our time, made sure our tyre pressures were right and didn't have an issue besides losing the Anderson plug. It was challenging but a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went and googled bulldust andado. (Google is all things to all people!) There are a few good videos showing bulldust on that road, so it's a good insight as to what to expect! Even the ubiquitous Pat Callinan has done a bit on it bulldust on binn's track near Mt Dare!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA-LVrNCuIs

Drove from Alice down the Binns, or Old Andado Track, to Mt Dare and onto Dalhousie then across the Simmo towing a 1400kg CT. No issues whatsoever. The track between Alice and Mt Dare does have some corrugations, not as bad as other tracks I have driven and a bit of bulldust, again not as bad some other tracks. Whilst the Old Andado Track crosses some dunes, the dunes are generally clay capped and reasonably hard. Plus the track follows the swales between dunes and you rarely cross them. There will be nothing that will worry you or your CT.

Donít forget to stop and have a look at Mac Clark Reserve and also the art gallery at Santa Teresa.

Hi Tink, thanks heaps for that. And yes the Mac Clark Acacia reserve and the art gallery at Santa Teresa are already on the list of stops!

Cheers
    Spike
    So much to see, so little time.......