Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Billy Goat Bluff Tk closed?

Billy Goat Bluff Tk closed?

Hi all,

Have heard a rumour Billy Goat Bluff has been closed, allegedly permanently. Also allegedly, a dual cab cruiser rolled on the track recently.

Surely it wouldn't have been closed permanently after one such incident? Cant say ive heard of too many more.....

Im only hearing all this from a mate in Melbourne, havnt been able to find anything after a quick google.

Give me wilderness, solitude & plenty of diesel ... Onelong Road's Avatar
    That would be one of the biggest disapppointments in history if that's true.
    ---------
    See you down the road,
    - Matt.

Planning my next adventure Oz Firey's Avatar

As stated, just a rumour!!

With consistent research through Parks Victoria and DELWP there are no road or track closures in that area that I can find.

It is without doubt one of the pristine tracks in the High Country and would be definitely an election buster if it were to be closed due to someone elses stuffups.

GO GO VIC HIGH COUNTRY!!!

No surely not. Accidents do happen, but as long as all ‘common sense’ rules followed we all should be speed to use the beautiful locations.
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

There was an accident there on Saturday. Saw it on my vicfire app. Don't know any details but may have been closed till coroner investigates if it was a fatal.
    Last edited by gordo350; 19-02-18 at 07:26 PM.

Forum Enthusiast
    While we're on the subject, I'm going to the VHC very shortly and had heard the Davies Plains Track was also closed due to fallen trees...can anyone confirm this?

I am heading down in a 5 weeks and was thinking of cutting between Omeo and the Alpine way through Davies plains. I would love to know if you can get through aswell.

Just read the cruiser was 2,000kms old and for what ever reason was left in neutral and vehicle rolled backwards with occupants inside. No one seriously injured.
    Pays always to be aware.
    Hope the have a quick recovery
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

Busy planning trips and mods... Red GU's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shane_vor View Post
    While we're on the subject, I'm going to the VHC very shortly and had heard the Davies Plains Track was also closed due to fallen trees...can anyone confirm this?
    Quote Originally Posted by JamoGLXR View Post
    I am heading down in a 5 weeks and was thinking of cutting between Omeo and the Alpine way through Davies plains. I would love to know if you can get through aswell.
    Davies has been closed nearly two years. A large storm went through and there are issues with getting trees cleared. If you want to go to the hut they recently cleared the top (southern) end of the track to the hut but from the hut to Tom Groggin is still closed and I understand will be for quite some time yet.

Dave
    Dave and Fiona

Forum Enthusiast
    Thanks for that Dave. Looks like I'll go the way we went last time or maybe via Mt Pinnibar. Either way it's all good!