Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battery powered chainsaws

Quote Originally Posted by 2Lost View Post
    Again an interesting subject.

I may catch up with someone this coming weekend , that purchased a battery powered saw twelve or so months ago. I know he cuts a lot of wood when away, so if i see him i will ask the questions.

Battery power has come a long way over the years and certainly improved. I have found with the tools that i use that if they sit idle for a while, every couple of months just make sure they are still charged/topped up. Things that we use at our work place are still powering on/industrial use.
    Then there is your chainsaw... Or pocket knife... ��
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...

I have just picked up a Ryobi plusone brushless saw to take away in the van for getting some small stuff for the firepit without needing the 2 stroke fuel. I will still take the Husky for the 4wd weekends for the trees down over a track. I have a bit of Ryobi gear and a few batteries already so it was an easy decision. I do like the Husky battery saw but would need to be full time on the road to justify the purchase price.

Bought some EGO gear when Masters was shuting down. The hedge trimmer and blower have been absolutely brilliant. Far, far better than the corded stuff they replaced. Got a chainsaw also on the recommendation of a friend who had the same brand. Haven’t used it yet but will take it with us on our next outback trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Harps View Post
    Then there is your chainsaw... Or pocket knife... ��
    Harps, i love my 10 inch PS, Just made two more BBQ,s may have to patent them.
    Last edited by 2Lost; 13-02-18 at 05:29 PM.

I have a petrol chainsaw but was sceptical about taking it on trips, so I looked at alternatives. Finally settled on an el cheapo 30cm 20v saw from Bunnings. I used it to do some light pruning at home then took it to Baw Baw in the Vic high country recently. Only had the need to cut some firewood but was impressed with how well it went. Tackled 150mm logs or more very easily - and quietly!
    Matched it with a blower of the same brand and bought extra 4.5ah batteries. Both have performed well without being put to severe tests. It's just the convenience, weight and ease of use that has won me over.
    No great outlay and no fighting with trying to get them started.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    I have a petrol chainsaw but was sceptical about taking it on trips, so I looked at alternatives. Finally settled on an el cheapo 30cm 20v saw from Bunnings. I used it to do some light pruning at home then took it to Baw Baw in the Vic high country recently. Only had the need to cut some firewood but was impressed with how well it went. Tackled 150mm logs or more very easily - and quietly!
    Matched it with a blower of the same brand and bought extra 4.5ah batteries. Both have performed well without being put to severe tests. It's just the convenience, weight and ease of use that has won me over.
    No great outlay and no fighting with trying to get them started.
    It's a good point. The battery packs are much easier to handle than fuel. I'm loving my cordless electrical devices. As the time comes to upgrade my tools, I will definitely be considering electrical replacements.
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...