Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The way it was......

Forum Master

The way it was......

Let me begin with an apology to Rob & Laith. Both their posts got derailed a bit, probably due the excitement of the new ownership/ old members coming back/ a new trip etc. I 'spouse what I'm trying to say is this is how it was in the "early days", a trip report would lead to a semi hijack & next thing you know a new trip was up and running feeding off the interest generated by the 1st one. There was plenty of BS ( no, not the 6B&S kind !!!), banter ( nothing nasty, always jovial digs at each other etc). There was always something going on, the place was "alive". Then things changed................
    What "newer members " ,for want of a better way to say it, are seeing I think is an inkling of what Adventurers was like in the beginning and ,hopefully will return to ,that is one of the best places to hang about with great people doing great things & having a great time !!! I for one think we are in good hands with the admin team, time to make the place ALIVE again
    Last edited by Croaker; 29-01-18 at 04:24 PM.

Very well said Bev. We were very new to 4wding when we originally joined and not only did we learn a lot from members but we made life long friends and had some of our best times on trips organised through this forum. I am so glad to be back and I'm busting to share a campfire and have a laugh with members new and old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I couldn't agree more, now who's putting their hand up to organise the next trip........

Thunderbirds are go

Here Here I'll second that

That's exactly how I remember it also Bev well put

I cant wait to get away with the crew new and old though it will be some time for me at this stage with a new family member set to join the ranks in the next three weeks exciting times ahead for myself and family

I will do as much here as possible over the coming months and keep my fingers crossed I can slip away for a weekend get together sooner rather then later

Exciting times ahead great to be chatting with everyone here again
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Follow me on Insta @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom Greg

Anyway I have a camper for it’s in the for sale section....

Sorry for 5e Hi Jack Bevan. Lol
    SMOKE IN YOUR EYES, NOW THAT"S CAMPING!
    My Touring GU Patrol
    Instagram

You Tube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSp...aj_9r3zvu9wNFg

Quote Originally Posted by pacs View Post
    Here Here I'll second that

That's exactly how I remember it also Bev well put

I cant wait to get away with the crew new and old though it will be some time for me at this stage with a new family member set to join the ranks in the next three weeks exciting times ahead for myself and family

I will do as much here as possible over the coming months and keep my fingers crossed I can slip away for a weekend get together sooner rather then later

Exciting times ahead great to be chatting with everyone here again
    How great is that grego's a new camping buddy about to arrive, wish you and the family all the best for the up coming birth

Thunderbirds are go

Quote Originally Posted by king kahuna View Post
    How great is that grego's a new camping buddy about to arrive, wish you and the family all the best for the up coming birth
    Thanks Scott cant wait mate its been 11 years since the twins and this time its only one I hope its easier has to be
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Follow me on Insta @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom Greg

Forum Master
    100%. Love the banter.

Right on too Glenyse. Nothing but great memories. Look forward to making some more.

Forum Master
    Hijack away Rich, might end up with a sale out of it !!!!
    Also just to clarify, I'm in no way having a go at the "new blood". We were all new once, though at the time this site started a lot of early members knew each other from another site so we had a head start on the characters we were dealing with.
    Anyway, Xmas is done, kids are going back to school, things are getting back to normal. Time to start doing some camps,day drives, social catch ups etc. Whatever tickles ya toes, throw out a bait & see who bites. Some great meets have started from very small beginings.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    Hijack away Rich, might end up with a sale out of it !!!!
    Also just to clarify, I'm in no way having a go at the "new blood". We were all new once, though at the time this site started a lot of early members knew each other from another site so we had a head start on the characters we were dealing with.
    Anyway, Xmas is done, kids are going back to school, things are getting back to normal. Time to start doing some camps,day drives, social catch ups etc. Whatever tickles ya toes, throw out a bait & see who bites. Some great meets have started from very small beginings.
    As confusus say "in order to start tidal wave you must first drop pebble in the water"

Thunderbirds are go