Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Prospecting

been searching through the history on Garret & found Garret Australia are distributors, all Garret metal detectors are still made in Texas
    Garrett in Australia
    Garrett products are distributed throughout Australia by Garrett Australia. We will continue to deliver the quality products and service that the Garrett brand stands for and has stood for since 1964.
    http://www.garrettaustralia.com.au/about-us/

here's the full history of Garret with pics, interesting read
    Garrett History
    http://www.garrettaustralia.com.au/garrett-history/
    on another note, not all minelab detectors are not made in Australia,
    Since December 2009, the Codan Group’s manufacturing service provider, Plexus Corp, a US company, situated in Penang, Malaysia has been responsible for the majority of Minelab’s worldwide metal detector production. Minelab is proud of its association with its outsource partner in Malaysia. Genuine Minelab metal detectors are exclusively manufactured by Minelab in Australia and by Plexus Corp, USA in the Malaysian facility.
    https://www.minelab.com/consumer/knowledge-base/history

Quote Originally Posted by barnsey View Post
    been searching through the history on Garret & found Garret Australia are distributors, all Garret metal detectors are still made in Texas
    Garrett in Australia
    Garrett products are distributed throughout Australia by Garrett Australia. We will continue to deliver the quality products and service that the Garrett brand stands for and has stood for since 1964.
    http://www.garrettaustralia.com.au/about-us/
    Thought I had been sniffing to much diesel with my current rig issues good to know I wasn't completely of track thanks for the info barnsey
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Follow me on Insta @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom Greg

ha ha Pacs,
    Its kind of confusing choosing something from any of the main brands, watching some of the reviews on youtube that are being done by people who have brought detectors & haven't got a clue how to set them up properly and use them & then giving them bad reviews, i guess the best way is to watch the videos of people actually finding gold & checking out what gear they are using to find what works best or is more productive in producing results, its like buying a car, everyone has there favorite brand
    I am not to fussed about which brand i buy but when handing over hard earned $$$ you want to feel like you have made the right choice & brought something that is going to do the job you brought it to do, I think i will stick with my 505 for a bit longer until i do a lot more research before buying my next one

So Scott couldn't wait to pan for real gold so he made some gold out of lead shot painted yellow
    We used it to practice our panning technique. For complete newbies, we did well and managed to keep all of the 'gold' in the pan. Now if only the gold in the creeks is as big as the 'nuggets' we found yesterday lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Master
    I could send him a pic of a "nugget:.....

Forum Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GlenyseT View Post
    So Scott couldn't wait to pan for real gold so he made some gold out of lead shot painted yellow
    We used it to practice our panning technique. For complete newbies, we did well and managed to keep all of the 'gold' in the pan. Now if only the gold in the creeks is as big as the 'nuggets' we found yesterday lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thats a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    I could send him a pic of a "nugget:.....
    But your nuggets aren't gold coloured !!!!!

Busy planning trips and mods... Red GU's Avatar
    We found some nuggets similar to the ones you describe Glenyse. Just to stir up some friends that couldn't make it on a trip with us last year we bought gold paint and when we stopped in the Whipstick just north of Bendigo I painted heaps of small bits of quartz then claimed to have "found" gold as per the photo. The other 100 or so pieces that I painted may have accidentally been spread amongst the gravel on the path near the toilets... it would be a shame if other people found them and thought they had struck it rich.

P1060329 by Dave, on Flickr

Dave
    Dave and Fiona

Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    thats a great idea.
    Yeah but cost me a shot gun shell

Thunderbirds are go

Quote Originally Posted by Red GU View Post
    We found some nuggets similar to the ones you describe Glenyse. Just to stir up some friends that couldn't make it on a trip with us last year we bought gold paint and when we stopped in the Whipstick just north of Bendigo I painted heaps of small bits of quartz then claimed to have "found" gold as per the photo. The other 100 or so pieces that I painted may have accidentally been spread amongst the gravel on the path near the toilets... it would be a shame if other people found them and thought they had struck it rich.

P1060329 by Dave, on Flickr

Dave
    Nice one Dave, nothing like getting the heart rate going when someone thinks they’ve got lucky
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better