Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Prospecting

Planning my next adventure Oz Firey's Avatar

Okay,

I am now officially allowed to look for gold and other minerals in Victoria due to the inference of this thread.

As an integral part of my next and final adventure I today purchased a MINERS RIGHT at the very expensive cost of $24.20 for the next 10 years.

Looking forward to my next camping/4wd/fishin trip so I can put it into practice.

Where and when that may be - who knows but somewhere down the track it would be great to configure in a trip to Outback Jacks for a forum prospecting/4wd get together.

Happy Prospecting Scotty!!

Is it beer o'clock yet? outback jack's Avatar
    Would be great to catch up again Max

EVERYWHERE I GO I BRING HAPPINESS, SOMETIMES ITS WHEN I ARRIVE, BUT ITS USUALLY WHEN I LEAVE

Quote Originally Posted by Oz Firey View Post

Okay,

I am now officially allowed to look for gold and other minerals in Victoria due to the inference of this thread.

As an integral part of my next and final adventure I today purchased a MINERS RIGHT at the very expensive cost of $24.20 for the next 10 years.

Looking forward to my next camping/4wd/fishin trip so I can put it into practice.

Where and when that may be - who knows but somewhere down the track it would be great to configure in a trip to Outback Jacks for a forum prospecting/4wd get together.

Happy Prospecting Scotty!!

Glad I could inspire you mate and yes a prospecting trip to Jacks would be great or maybe an annual get together somewhere max that prospecting could be the focus

Thunderbirds are go

What type of gold digging will you be doing max? Will it be panning or metal detecting?
    Last edited by king kahuna; 14-02-18 at 09:01 PM.

Thunderbirds are go

Good on you Max and all the best with your new venture. I am sure it will pay off.

I built a cubicle for OBJ. Hope the door is still on? Need to dig a hole and fix a door latch for the outside lock. So need to go back to the AVOCCA HILTON.

If digging for gold in the area, be carefull where you dig you may strike a different nugget

Quote Originally Posted by Red GU View Post
    We found some nuggets similar to the ones you describe Glenyse. Just to stir up some friends that couldn't make it on a trip with us last year we bought gold paint and when we stopped in the Whipstick just north of Bendigo I painted heaps of small bits of quartz then claimed to have "found" gold as per the photo. The other 100 or so pieces that I painted may have accidentally been spread amongst the gravel on the path near the toilets... it would be a shame if other people found them and thought they had struck it rich.

P1060329 by Dave, on Flickr

Dave
    Yours look much more realistic than Scott's Dave!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by king kahuna View Post
    What type of gold digging will you be doing max? Will it be panning or metal detecting?

Hi Scott,

At present I'm improvising with equipment for panning but the eventual main plan is to buy a top detector and spend a lot of spare time hopefully not finding too many projectiles, shell casings and tin cans.

Haven't started yet but will give panning a shot when next camping around here, do a bit of crevicing whilst fishing for trout.

The real adventure will really start after my house is sold and I get a permanent transportable mini home and go live on the road.

Sounds like a great plan Max.....check out the equinox by minelab it's in the cheaper price bracket but it's designed for the beginner and is pretty well fool proof. Every thing I've read about it suggests it's perfect for all prospecting unless your a professional doing it for a living.
    I think I'll be getting one once the finances allow

Thunderbirds are go

Hey Scott

I really think I'll be joining the snobs and getting a GPZ700 or 7000 whatever it is and a small pointer to locate the nuggets in a smaller hole to reduce the digging.

Don't tell anyone else but I tried panning in a so called exempted river over the weekend with no success and let me tell you - PANNING IS HARD WORK!

Detectors at least tell you something is there and the digging may result in something worthwhile.

Last edited by Oz Firey; 19-02-18 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Typo

Wow you will be playing with the big boys lol. Let us know how it goes mate

Thunderbirds are go