Thread: spent a few days camping along the Bridle Track

spent a few days camping along the Bridle Track

took off for a few days to test out the truck & setup, first night i stayed at Burrendong dam just to get organized & make sure i had everything i needed, then next morning i came back home to pick up a couple of things before heading over towards Mudgee & onto Hill End, well i can tell you that my truck doesn't like all those hills heading out to hill end lol, some of the hills were so steep i ended up in 2nd gear doing 40k's, I felt like a grey nomad only i wasn't towing a van the joys of owning an early 4.0 2h diesel cruiser
    my dog Dust & i spent a couple of hours in Hill End having lunch & then headed off towards Sofala stopping a few times along the Turon river checking out future camp sites, we then headed towards Bathurst & out to the Bridle track, I set up camp about a kilometer away from the land slip which now looks like it has a chicken track going around it that looked to be fairly well used, we stayed 3 nights before heading over to Ophir where we had lunch before heading over to mookerawa but it was really busy with boats & skiers so i decided to head back home & will be heading over to do some fosicking at stuart town common later in the week, the truck went pretty good for its first real test clocking up over 600 kilometers, had a few small dramas with the handbrake not fully releasing so had to disconnect the handbrake cable from the backing plates to stop the drums getting hot and will install the new handbrake cable i already have this week, second problem is the vacuum hose coming off the rear of the alternator has sprung a leak and leaking oil which has reduced the vacuum to the brake booster making the pedal hard so will get a new hose tomorrow & fix that as well, the third problem isn't really a problem but more of a disapointment, I dad two large kangaroos jump out in front of me during the day just out of Orange on my way home, I moved to the left as they were jumping to the right and i cleaned up one of those steel marker posts, the ones that were once plastic, so the result of that is i have a nice big scratch back to the metal down the left side of the cab guard and door, should be able to touch it up without to much trouble but was a bit of a downer after 600k's of trouble free cruising
    anyway here's a short clip from our campsite on the bridle track, sorry for the crappy footage, next investment will be a decent camera

I put together a short video of pic & clips from the campsite on the bridle track, yes i need to get a decent camera asap
    hope you guys like it .

Nice one barnsey the cruiser looks right at home in the above photo out and above ironing out the build and testing everything very nice thanks for sharing
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

Follow me on Insta @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom

Good to see the old girl getting out in the wild Pity about the paint damage though

Dusty looks like he had a good time!

Thanks for sharing Barnsey.

Cheers Andrew
    Why would I buy something for $10 when I can make it for $20

2009 120 Prado http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showth...AJ-s-120-Prado
    HZJ79 Cruiser http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showth...ies-Cruser-Ute

Thanks Guys, pretty happy with how it all went, a couple more trips to decide on what i need to take and what i don't, hoping to start sorting out the cab next, clean the inside up & install the uhf, stereo speakers etc & make a drink holder lol, kept loosing my bottle of water on the floor

Thanks for sharing that. I had a a double take at Dusty though, almost the spitting image of my hound even right down to the black thumb print between the ears.

Swampy

Barnsey, you were in my backyard. Plus Torun NP she's a keeper down there. I'd have to agree about all the mountains in the area, your not the only ones that struggles LOL

Cheers for sharing.

Smokey
    Cheers
    Smokey

Never underestimate the Mighty 2.8!!!

Nice video There's some nice little spots around that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the music on the video - relaxing. Looks like a great place to explore...