Thread: king basin vhc

king basin vhc

hi all happy new year. haven't been on here for a few months, was wondering if anyone has been up the high country in the last week or so, mainly king river area. showing a mate around for his first time and leaving tomorrow im guesing its busy up thru there.

i was there about 5 weeks ago. I certainly covered king hut, up to mt no3 back past pinapple flat? is this your area?
    Not 100% familiar with the area but my brain works well if you mention a track or hut.

The King Basin side generally isn't as busy as other areas up there, I used to stay at Pineapple flat each Christmas because it was one of the quieter camp grounds in the area. If there was a place to avoid, it would be Sheepyard down on the Howqua, many annoying types camp there as there is 2wd access.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OffRoadDave View Post
    The King Basin side generally isn't as busy as other areas up there, I used to stay at Pineapple flat each Christmas because it was one of the quieter camp grounds in the area. If there was a place to avoid, it would be Sheepyard down on the Howqua, many annoying types camp there as there is 2wd access.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Agree. Sheepyard and Frys Flat are awesome during midweek and out of the main holiday seasons. However the worst during peak times. Too many bad experiences there.
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...