Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBQ / hotplate / cooker thread

BBQ / hotplate / cooker thread

I have/had a gasmate cruiser but its just about due for an honourable discharge. The protective coat has lifted of the plate, handle snapped up, both hinges are busted. It has been a pretty good thing a tad bulky but reliable. ony downfall is oil and fat likes to run down the back and when packed up wants to spread onto everything else.

Anywho what i'm chasing is something that runs gas bottle (POL), flame protected from wind and can cook bacon and eggs on.

The rest of the arsenal is classic dual burner high pressure gas stove, 10" cast iron fry pan and Full plate folding leg hotplate.

So before i fork out some hard earned on probably the same bbq, what else is on the market (of all varieties)?

I'm running a Weber baby q and it is fantastic, but it takes up a lot of room.

Baby Q for me too, one trip old: baked dinners, baked cakes, sausage rolls, pizza and bacon and eggs in the mornings! Love it. Wasn't too sure about the hype, but I'm a huge fan.
    On days like this I'd rather be west of the Darling!

We have a Primus high output stove with a flat cast iron plate (other side has grill surface). I find using that more convenient for bacon and eggs, easier to keep clean than some other options, and the flat plate fits into the canvas bag we have for the stove so takes up millimetres more space than the stove itself. Weber Q only goes with us if I know I'll want to "oven cook" something, but I've pretty well sorted technique with our little Coleman folding oven so its rare the Weber leaves home!

Formally lived in Blue Mts NSW now live Brisbane Northside
    I have replaced the cartridge/ canister lunch box cooker with this http://outdoor.companionbrands.com.a...sid=1277354299 great for a frying pan or sizzle plate for cooking egg n bacon or steak or sausages, heating pasta or with the camp oven.
    My wheels of choice 150 GX Prado towing a Jayco 12.37 Outback Expanda

Forum Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by jtb2879 View Post
    Baby Q for me too, one trip old: baked dinners, baked cakes, sausage rolls, pizza and bacon and eggs in the mornings! Love it. Wasn't too sure about the hype, but I'm a huge fan.
    You've changed.

Quote Originally Posted by shane_vor View Post
    You've changed.
    Gotta, otherwise you're dead!
    On days like this I'd rather be west of the Darling!

Seems the webber q range is popular. My father is pretty hand with the original webber

i ended up buying a Gasmate adventurer, it was on special at Anaconda. i thought they were Griddle only but the plate flips over for a flat plate that is quite a decent size. The base can be set for flat or slightly tilted, It comes with hoses for both Canister and regular (POL) gas bottle.
    i gave it a go with bacon and eggs when i got home, it did OK, a bit on the slow side. ill give it a go with Steak for dinner tonight.

Keep em coming. everybody needs a cooker.

Bitumen! A complete waste of money. mudduck's Avatar
    Weber Baby Q, here too and a portable butane, other than that the cooker in the camper trailer
    Cheers Steve. VK2UD
    2010 200 Series twin turbo V8 Diesel 200kw of screaming Toyota Muscle
    2017 Ford Ranger turbo diesel with some stuff

200 Tourer
    Ranger
    Camper

Hi all,

We either use the Weber Baby Q or the Coleman gas stove. Both produce excellent results, and I have converted a few people to the Weber as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Graham

2014 200 Series GXL Landcruiser, ARB GVM Upgrade, ARB bulbar, GME 80ch UHF, rear storage system, split battery system, snorkel, torque converter lockup kit.