Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BBQ / hotplate / cooker thread

Quote Originally Posted by Graham99 View Post
    Hi all,

We either use the Weber Baby Q or the Coleman gas stove. Both produce excellent results, and I have converted a few people to the Weber as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Hi mate, and yes you have. Myself included. One of the best purchase Iíve made in years.
    Using a combo or grill plate and gridle with the Teflon paper.
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey2.8 View Post
    Hi mate, and yes you have. Myself included. One of the best purchase I’ve made in years.
    Using a combo or grill plate and gridle with the Teflon paper.
    Is it true what they say in the ads that there's no flare up? And if so how have they achieved it?

Thunderbirds are go

Quote Originally Posted by king kahuna View Post
    Is it true what they say in the ads that there's no flare up? And if so how have they achieved it?
    I wouldnít say no flare ups Scott, but more like a lot less. Your meant to cook with lid down and this cuts the oxygen and makes it like a little oven.
    I was not convinced how good they were until using Grahamís one.
    No regrets. Especially when you get a near new one off gumtree for less then half the cost
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey2.8 View Post
    I wouldnít say no flare ups Scott, but more like a lot less. Your meant to cook with lid down and this cuts the oxygen and makes it like a little oven.
    I was not convinced how good they were until using Grahamís one.
    No regrets. Especially when you get a near new one off gumtree for less then half the cost
    You only get flare ups if you don't keep it clean. One of the easiest ways to get the grille clean on a Weber is to run it at full heat for 10 minutes with the hood down, it turns all the fat etc to charcoal dust.

The other thing to remember with the Weber is to cook with the lid down as previously mentioned, and if it feels like your steak is stuck to the grill just means it's not ready to turn yet.

I've been hammering ours for almost 10 years now. Still going strong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Regards
    Graham

2014 200 Series GXL Landcruiser, ARB GVM Upgrade, ARB bulbar, GME 80ch UHF, rear storage system, split battery system, snorkel, torque converter lockup kit.

Got a Weber Baby Q early December, used it every night since bar 2. It's a great bbq, economical to run, one 4.5kg bottle gave approx 18hrs cooking, including roasts and pizza cooking. $11 to refill the bottle.

Our Q220 just turned 10, and we got a Q1000 for the camper. Our 220 gets a run 3-4 nights as week, and a 9kg bottle lasts us about 7 months.

The 1000 is economical to run as well, so far it hasn't put a dent in a 4.5kg bottle, and has around 20 nights on that bottle. We're very happy with them

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Forum Enthusiast
    Aldi had their Pantera BBQ on sale Sat. 14/1.
    Very similar to the Baby Q.
    Robert.
    FZJ105r with Tvan pushing.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewXT View Post
    Our Q220 just turned 10, and we got a Q1000 for the camper. Our 220 gets a run 3-4 nights as week, and a 9kg bottle lasts us about 7 months.

The 1000 is economical to run as well, so far it hasn't put a dent in a 4.5kg bottle, and has around 20 nights on that bottle. We're very happy with them

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    They are indeed very frugal on gas. I am still on a 9kg that has been on the job for at least 6 months. I have another 4.5kg which has leftovers from my last outback trip to FNQ and it will be used when the 9kg runs out. Like you, we use the Weber 4-5 nights a week and have done so for almost 10 years now. The Baby Q looks a wee bit faded but still going great.
    Regards
    Graham

2014 200 Series GXL Landcruiser, ARB GVM Upgrade, ARB bulbar, GME 80ch UHF, rear storage system, split battery system, snorkel, torque converter lockup kit.

Busy planning trips and mods... Red GU's Avatar
    We were converted to the Baby Q after our SA trip last year with friends who had one. We don't plan on replacing everything else but the Q will be a helpful addition. I still love our Hillbilly BBQ plate setup (and specially their egg cookers) and prefer an open fire with a camp oven when possible but specially when travelling and moving each day that can be difficult.

Dave
    Dave and Fiona