Thread: Gas Burner Wind Break

Gas Burner Wind Break

Saw this a while back, and finally decided to give it a go to help the stove/BBQ burners on those windy days.

Small piece of builder's strapping/bracing, cut to size, with the ends riveted together to form a circle.

I'm not sure how big or how small I should have gone, so the first few trips will be the trial for this.

Bitumen! A complete waste of money. mudduck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Saw this a while back, and finally decided to give it a go to help the stove/BBQ burners on those windy days.

Small piece of builder's strapping/bracing, cut to size, with the ends riveted together to form a circle.

I'm not sure how big or how small I should have gone, so the first few trips will be the trial for this.

Looks like a great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers Steve. VK2UD
    2010 200 Series twin turbo V8 Diesel 200kw of screaming Toyota Muscle
    2017 Ford Ranger turbo diesel with some stuff

200 Tourer
    Ranger
    Camper

Quote Originally Posted by mudduck View Post
    Looks like a great idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it works.

will be watching with interest, i had the same problem with wind this week, think i could have lit a fire and boiled the billy in less time than it took to boil it on my gas cooker

Formally lived in Blue Mts NSW now live Brisbane Northside
    Gary, I notice you have a swift cooker. I'm assuming there is no under mount oven on this model!
    Swift cookers were subject to a safety recall in 2015 https://www.productsafety.gov.au/rec...aravan-cookers
    but it was associated with the model with oven and principally involved instalations in a particular brand of offroad caravans, however all units were subject to recall.
    No oven no worries.
    Last edited by rags; 27-10-17 at 10:11 PM.
    My wheels of choice 150 GX Prado towing a Jayco 12.37 Outback Expanda

Quote Originally Posted by rags View Post
    Gary, I notice you have a swift cooker. I'm assuming there is no under mount oven on this model!
    Swift cookers were subject to a safety recall in 2015 https://www.productsafety.gov.au/rec...aravan-cookers
    but it was associated with the model with oven and principally involved instalations in a particular brand of offroad caravans, however all units were subject to recall.
    No oven no worries.
    Thanks for the heads up. This outside BBQ is just a two burner stove, but the inside cooker is also a Swft and is a stove/griller/oven. I'll definitely look into this recall.