Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi from Warracknabeal

Hello and welcome,

We did a twelve week trip back in 1992 along similar lines that you are planning. In a JACKAROO towing a JAYCO FINCH along with a two year old child and the other in nappys. Got up to DARWIN came back down crossed over to Mt Isa heading south through the middle of QUEENSLAND and NSW then back home to VIC.

Back in those days most of the driving was black top, i presume there is a lot more now. Though in saying that we did take the camper along some tracks that did'nt suit it. The only problems we struck was one flat tyre and a broken brake line both on the camper. Sorry one shot water tank also at KINCHEGA/NSW stone damage no guard.

We would set up in a C/V parks un hitch and do day trips, PALM VALLEY etc. Spent a week at LITCHFIELD camped beside a waterfall, loved it more so than KAKADU.

I am sure you will not have any problems with your set up and the places you wish to explore.

Happy travels, wish i was doing it again

Bitumen! A complete waste of money. mudduck's Avatar
    welcome Al, lots of good info here for you
    Cheers Steve. VK2UD
    2010 200 Series twin turbo V8 Diesel 200kw of screaming Toyota Muscle
    2017 Ford Ranger turbo diesel with some stuff

200 Tourer
    Ranger
    Camper

Just came across this but have not read it https://view.publitas.com/arb-4x4-ac...ure/page/44-45. If it's wrong to post this on the forum feel free for admin to delete it.

Forum Newby
    Thanks AJ, hopefully will be no dramas I have been looking into a few places around that area between Ayers Rock and Alice springs. I will have a look through the reports section as well
    Cheers

Forum Newby
    Hi Harps. My wife and Daughter and myself moved up to Warracknabeal a bit over 7 years ago from Ballarat and haven't looked back if you want to make the most of your trip to Warracknabeal visit at Easter and check out the festivities.There is nothing like the laid back life style. Also don't forget the Silo Art trail through the Yarriambiack shire

I'm retired, just go round me. Glenn's Avatar
    G'day and welcome aboard