Thread: Insurance -credit where credit due and check your policy

Insurance -credit where credit due and check your policy

Most of the posts I see regarding insurance on this and many other forums tend to be anything but complimentary towards the insurance company.
    This is a post with a difference.

As a few will be aware I suffered a heart attacK 2 weeks ago while on a trip in Central west NSW.

the end result was that I ended up coming home by air ambulance and the mates I was traveling with got my cruiser out of the bush and to the NRMA depot in Coonabaraban.

Just before dinner tonight the cruiser arrived at my house on the back of a car carrier and at no cost to me

Unbeknown to me, my NRMA insurance policy has a clause about medical incidents and repatriation of vehicles when you are unable to complete your journey.

so credit where it is due _ a big thanks to NRMA, both the depot who undertook the initial liaison with the insurance side of things and the insurance company staff who maintained contact with my wife and sought her agreement to the transport arrangements/timing they put in place.

I'm pretty happy and suggest you check your own policy to see if something similar exists as you never know when it might come in handy.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Howdy View Post
    Unbeknown to me, my NRMA insurance policy has a clause about medical incidents and repatriation of vehicles when you are unable to complete your journey.
    That is awesome. Pretty sure our insurance policy couldn't care less about that... but I may be pleasantly surprised if I look into it. May be worth doing.

And always good to see a positive post about an insurance company.

I hope you're doing much better, too, and best of luck for the road ahead.

Wow now that's service Howard, one less thing to worry about. Thanks for letting us know.
    All the best for your recovery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cheers
    Smokey

Never underestimate the Mighty 2.8!!!

Not something you hope to use, but good to know it's there.

Thanks for the heads up on the policy. Any positive information is good always read the fine print. Glad it worked out for the better in that regard, less stress and i hope the recovery is going well

We heard about your misfortune and are glad to hear you're on the mend.
    I think it's a timely reminder for us all to review our policies. It's not something I've considered checking but I'll be looking at it closely to make sure we're covered.
    Hope your recovering well and would love to catch up with the old group soon
    Take care buddy and rest up.
    Cheers.
    Cheers
    Nick

I have the same policy and I would never let it lapse. It saved my bacon on two occasions and I am miles in front.
    Cheers,

Frank

If you haven't grown up by age 60, you don't have to.

Good to hear Howard, given your situation that really would have been a great help to get that sorted without having to worry.

I don't think our policy has that cover, but I might have to check. Having said that we are Insured through Elders for everything (vehicles and houses) and anytime we have had to make a claim its been straight forward with no issues.

Cheers Andrew
    Why would I buy something for $10 when I can make it for $20

2009 120 Prado http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showth...AJ-s-120-Prado
    HZJ79 Cruiser http://www.4wdadventurers.com/showth...ies-Cruser-Ute

Well it has come time to renew.

We have decided to go with CLUB 4x4. Pretty happy with the quote/price and all inclusions. Agreed price.

Just have to prove that i have done a 4x4 training course(Dust off the cobwebs on the certificate) within the next ten days.

Yeah think it is a pretty much done deal