Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Throttle control units (Adventure Kings V iDRIVE)

Forum Enthusiast
    I have the Idrive unit on my BT50

Car is far more responsive and better to drive.

One of the best little investments I've done to the car.

Col
    Life is not a destination but a journey, make the most of it and remember, the worst day above ground is a whole lot better than the best one under it.

Quote Originally Posted by greig View Post
    I had a bit of a look on e bay and couldn't find any "cheap" units ?

The Kings ones seem to be available on their website ?

Might have a bit more of a search and see if I can find a report or two on the Kings one. Mudduck seems to think they are OK, if not quite as good as the Windbooster..
    Don't use Mudducks review as a recommendation greig, this Kings one looks like a new model and is controlled by your phone using bluetooth rather than a head unit with a display, that for me is a no buy straight away regardless of how good it works.
    Cheers Dave

My farm ute

Quote Originally Posted by OffRoadDave View Post
    Don't use Mudducks review as a recommendation greig, this Kings one looks like a new model and is controlled by your phone using bluetooth rather than a head unit with a display, that for me is a no buy straight away regardless of how good it works.
    Yep, I wouldn't be interested in a 3rd party way of doing something. I need a display and knowing my luck, the phone wouldn't pair and it would be useless !!

Forum Newby
    Hi Guys
    Here is my experience with the Kings Throttle Enhancer and before i go ant further Kings / The 4WD Super Center were great to deal with and provided a full refund including postage.
    I own a 2017 Isuzu Dmax with a DPD.
    As i have stated this is my experience.
    Having purchased the vehicle from new i can assure everyone that only Premium Diesel and the correct CJ4 specification oil has been used.
    When the vehicle was new the DPD regen would always take place once 500km were traveled irrespective of where or how it was driven and this changed once the Throttle Enhancer/Controller was fitted.
    Due to the installation of the Kings device the DPD Regen cycles progressively became shorter & shorter to the point of instead of being a 500 km cycle it became a 106 km cycle.
    This even happened with the Device turned off as i didnt feel the need to use it and as i didn't really like it to be completely honest.
    The vehicle was returned to a Dealership for servicing and diagnosis and the response from them was the device fitted was causing the issue, being a mechanic myself and having an understanding of the warranty process i stated that they needed to be able to explain to as why the Device was causing the premature DPD Regen cycle.
    As the only explanation was that " It Could be interfering with the CANBUS System" well as it turns out they were CORRECT as once i removed it completely from the vehicle the Regen cycle consistency returned and is now back to the normal 500 km cycle.
    Long story short i would't be fitting ANY THROTTLE ENHANCERS TO ANYTHING WITH A CANBUS SYSTEM PERIOD

Bitumen! A complete waste of money. mudduck's Avatar
    Hi all, It seem Kings no longer do the controller I have and indeed only have one with bluetooth, so Ill stick with the iDrive unit. My ranger is can bus bit pre DPF so no regeneration system and works well, sorry about your experience Max. Ive had no trouble with my units in the over 12 months I've had them.
    Cheers Steve. VK2UD

Mudduck's 4wd Touring
    2010 200 Series twin turbo V8 Diesel 200kw of screaming Toyota Muscle
    2017 Ford Ranger turbo diesel with some stuff

200 Tourer
    Ranger
    Camper

Youtube

hi guys i brought 1 of these hadi now for 3 months after the play around its set and forget now and love it

https://www.hikeit.com.au/product/hikeit-x9/

regards john

Interesting it interferes with the data can bus system. But can understand how it possibly could, but strange. At least by removing it caused no lasting damage.
    Might help someone else in the future knowing your experience.

Smokey
    Cheers
    Adam aka Smokey

2.8's Sound great, but a worked 3.0L goes better