Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Off to Cameron's Corner,

i also worked Talyeale wow whats your mates name yeah moombidary was tough but the experience was what made me ,place was 38o,ooo acres 17 windmills 5,000 cattle about 15,000 sheep
    manager was Doug Clifford ,,im also planning a trip out there i worked all those years out there and never drove 2 hrs to the corner so im doing 1 more time out there i like your route im thinking birdsville as well have a good 1 ,and it still might get cold at night be safe mate have a good trip ill be taking my 8 yr old with me regards john

G’day John, sent you a pm.

Just back from our caravan trip to Jindabyne and the snow and now have tomorrow to reset ready to head off to Cameron Corner on Wednesday.

have a good trip mate be interested to see how it is you know the rule no pics didnt happen have a safe 1 regards john

So, the car is all checked and done, a few minor mods to the fridge, awning, insect mesh and shovel holder are done.
    We are all stocked up on food, fuel, water and some new camping gear.
    The Patrol Route is logged (piece of paper on the fridge).
    We’ll be using Here Maps on the phone and IPad for the main roads and ExploreOz Traveller on the IPad with an external Bluetooth GPS for off road navigation. Also have the HEMA Outback NSW paper map as a back up.
    I’ll probably have to sort some photo hosting options so we can post up our pics once we get back.

I might even get a new pic to update the Avatar seeing how the old Jackaroo has been gone for a couple of years now.
    Last edited by ANT; 26-09-17 at 09:18 PM.

Did you end up doing this trip ANT? How was it over 10 days? I was thinking of heading to Camerons Corner this september holidays from Melbourne but I too only had maybe 7 days so could be too rushed.

Cameron Corner, no S

Well that was a while back. Yes we did go, long story that I should follow up with a trip report.
    Short story, we copped a years rainfall in one day between Thargomindah going through Bulloo Downs to the Corner. We just made it but a bit of damage to the car and the clutch got trashed driving through washouts as deep as the bonnet and full of bulldust and gravel turned to sludge. I've changed devices so will need to sort out the pics and image hosting and write an actual report.

Quote Originally Posted by ANT View Post
    Well that was a while back. Yes we did go, long story that I should follow up with a trip report.
    Short story, we copped a years rainfall in one day between Thargomindah going through Bulloo Downs to the Corner. We just made it but a bit of damage to the car and the clutch got trashed driving through washouts as deep as the bonnet and full of bulldust and gravel turned to sludge. I've changed devices so will need to sort out the pics and image hosting and write an actual report.
    yeah come on ant love to see pics and how you went regards john