Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easter 2016 Trip in the New England High Country

Quote Originally Posted by Littleandy View Post
    Lovely country in that area, explored alittle in there, but definitely want to do more.
    Good report
    Cheers Andy, plenty of great spots to check out in the area.
    "I would rather that my bones had been left to bleach in the desert than yielded an inch of ground I had gained at so much expence" - Charles Sturt 1845

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Spectacular photos. Looks like a great trip.
    Thanks Gary, one of the rare areas in the country that you can drive for days without seeing another soul. Some great camping spots too!.
    "I would rather that my bones had been left to bleach in the desert than yielded an inch of ground I had gained at so much expence" - Charles Sturt 1845

Quote Originally Posted by robmacca View Post
    What a fantastic Trip Report....

This type of trip report with GPS coordinates are fantastic and it's something u don't see much of.... love it. Makes it very easy to pin point where u want and allows me to record those places into my "Bucket List" of places to hopefully get to one day

Hopefully we are heading down near that area around christmas time, so if time permits, we may have a look at some of these spots

Thumbs up for this one !!!
    Bit of a habit Iv`e got into with trip reports as it makes it easier for others that might want to follow where you have been. Plenty of great areas to visit along that part of the Great Divide between Tenterfield & Barrington Tops that you can travel without seeing much bitumen with some great camping spots along the way.

Only too happy to send you some waypoints or track files if you would like.

Cheers, Ditch.

Quote Originally Posted by mudduck View Post
    Great trip report Ditch, love the pix, and now I will have to go check out that area too.
    Hi Steve, would be a great trip from the Terrace to Gloucester, then to Dingo Tops, down into The Cells, cross the Oxley, join up with where we went, then north to Dorrigo. From there to Dalmorton (old gold mining ghost town) on the Boyd River & come out at Grafton. You would hardly see any tar at all. Would need at least 10 days to see everything along the way. Some great 4WD tracks & water crossings in The Cells(not a place to be in wet weather). Mainly through National Parks & State Forests along the way, heaps of waterfalls & great scenery with plenty of camping spots.

Just a thought..................

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditch View Post
    Bit of a habit Iv`e got into with trip reports as it makes it easier for others that might want to follow where you have been. Plenty of great areas to visit along that part of the Great Divide between Tenterfield & Barrington Tops that you can travel without seeing much bitumen with some great camping spots along the way.

Only too happy to send you some waypoints or track files if you would like.

Cheers, Ditch.

PM sent
    ==================
    Cheers.....
    RobM

Family Touring - 150's GXL D4D Prado....
    Recent Purchase : '96 Landrover Discovery TDi (A).....Work & Play.... maybe
    Un-expected Recent Purchase : '96 Landrover DEFENDER 110 TDi....Future Tourer???
    See My Exploring Trips here: My Exploring/Touring Trips
    Playing : The "Toy" Suzuki Vitara - Now retired