Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Anyone have an EVAKOOL or KICK ASS fridge?

  1. #11
    DIY Proffessional Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SanRemo NSW
    Posts
    1,200
    We got a 30 lt evakool from their seconds website, small molding mark on the lid. Lives in the back of the disco, never had an issue. We bought another the same for the boat.
    Danfoss/Secop compressor sold it for me.
    Cheers Jon


  2. #12
    Forum Enthusiast jtb2879's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Western Sydney
    Posts
    307
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    We got a 30 lt evakool from their seconds website, small molding mark on the lid. Lives in the back of the disco, never had an issue. We bought another the same for the boat.
    Danfoss/Secop compressor sold it for me.
    Thanks mate! I pulled the pin on an 80L... time will tell.
    On days like this I'd rather be west of the Darling!

  3. #13
    Forum Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Tamworth NSW
    Posts
    138
    I got the 65L travelmate from the evakool seconds website, its was missing 2 of the rubber soles on the bottom thats it. Been good so far, no complaints.

  4. #14
    Always somewhere in the Outback. Gavin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Brisbane Qld
    Posts
    120
    We have had an 80L EvaKool for 10 years.

    Done a lot of outback k's and hasn't missed a beat.

  5. #15
    Just a 10 min job, what could possibly go wrong? Hauler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by jtb2879 View Post
    Thanks mate! I pulled the pin on an 80L... time will tell.
    Thread revival - are you happy with your Evakool 80L? We recently bought the 74 L dual compartment one and the jury is still out...

  6. #16
    i have evakool 60 lt travel mate for 5 years had it in for a service all good regards john

  7. #17
    Just a 10 min job, what could possibly go wrong? Hauler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by johndavis125262 View Post
    i have evakool 60 lt travel mate for 5 years had it in for a service all good regards john
    Looks like ours is not fit for purpose. Temp varies wildly, up to +15 , doesn't seal properly on both sides, smashes the batteries. Very disappointing.

  8. #18
    Administrator pacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bendigo Victoria
    Posts
    2,645
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauler View Post
    Looks like ours is not fit for purpose. Temp varies wildly, up to +15 , doesn't seal properly on both sides, smashes the batteries. Very disappointing.
    That is terrible mate I'm sure OBJ has one always kept his beer cold for the limited time it was in his fridge lol
    If I was to buy a new fridge I think I would be going with a Trailblazer a family member has had one for many years think he had it re gassed at around 15 years of age and has never missed a beat
    Fishing for a good time starts with dropping in a line

    Follow me on Insta @pacs_adventures #4wdadventurerscom @4wdadventurers Greg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •