Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have an EVAKOOL or KICK ASS fridge?

Anyone have an EVAKOOL or KICK ASS fridge?

I'm looking at the EVAKOOL 80L or the rebadged KICK ASS 80L fridge.

Yes I know I should be buying an Engel but the $800 price difference is killing it for me....

I have an Engel 40L, but need an 80 for my camper trailer. Just looking to see if anyone out there has one and can give some real life feed back.
    On days like this I'd rather be west of the Darling!

Forum Enthusiast
    Waeco is also cheaper than Engel. Also, they have a dual purpose as a heater...sometimes.

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/rec...fridge-freezer
    Last edited by shane_vor; 12-05-17 at 06:52 PM. Reason: required link

Quote Originally Posted by shane_vor View Post
    Waeco is also cheaper than Engel. Also, they have a dual purpose as a heater...sometimes.

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/rec...fridge-freezer
    I spoke with the bloke from a repair mob at Blacktown who repairs car fridges, he doesn't sell them so he has no horse in the race. He told me that the new Engel Australia boss has decided that they will not keep parts for fridges over 15 years old!!! So if you burn out a thermostat on your 16yo Engel no longer will you pay $94 for a new thermostat you'll be buying a new fridge! Makes good business sense if your the boss I suppose???? My little Engel is now 17 years old, next issue means it's D.E.A.D!

And thus all little mustard coloured jobbies are on the way out!
    Last edited by jtb2879; 13-05-17 at 09:23 AM.

that sux, if someone had good foresight they could stock up on said parts and make a killing on eBay !

Forum Enthusiast
    I have an eva Kool 47 litre and it is excellent, probably one of the best insulated fridges on the market it has been around the block a few times and still working great. I dont think you NEED to get an engle.

regards
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by G&M View Post
    I have an eva Kool 47 litre and it is excellent, probably one of the best insulated fridges on the market it has been around the block a few times and still working great. I dont think you NEED to get an engle.

regards
    Geoff
    Thanks Geoff! That's what I'm looking for, real world experience!

Quote Originally Posted by G&M View Post

regards
    Geoff
    Is yours the original Eva Kool style with the compressor on the outside of a cooler, or is it one of their imports that all look the same, probably a difference worth noting?
    Cheers Dave

My farm ute

Forum Enthusiast
    It is the original style with the compressor on the outside, it also has the turn the knob temp adjustment.

i have the bt60l travelmate evakool looks like a waceo for 4 yrs runs all the time no problems new 1s out look fancy regards john

No, it doesn't leak oil. Redback's Avatar
    We have a Waeco CF40AC, it's been great for the last 11yrs, only thing we've had to fix is the light stopped working about 2 weeks after we got it, fixed under warranty within a week and it's been running 24/7 for the last 11yrs, it's my beer fridge at home and food and beer fridge when camping
    Cheers Baz.

2011 Discovery 4 (With the Lot)
    Lightweight Camper
    2000 BMW F650 GS
    1973 Kawasaki H2-A Project Now Finished
    2007 VW Golf Mk V TDi

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be