Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crashpad Stealth Single Swag

Crashpad Stealth Single Swag

I have a new swag it is a Crashpad Stealth. Crashpad are a Ballarat based company who not only design there swags and products but get out and test them also.

I'll get straight to the point I'm super impressed with the Crashpad swags. This swag is one quality product with high attention to detail. They have 3 swags in there line up including a double swag.

CrashpadGear

Crashpad Stealth
    Above is the link to my Crashpad.

After opening the box the first thing I noticed was the quality of the carry bag. Large carry handles to carry the swag all double stitched with YKK zips.

Where to logo is on the swag is a grab handle making the swag much easier to carry and place into the supplied carry bag.

The carry bag has a large flap that opens out. This makes placing the swag into the bag a breeze with the need to try and squeeze it into a small opening. The zips are protected from the elements with a weather flap over them.

The swag is freestanding. The clips and poles are what you could call oversize compared to most other swags on the markets. These sure are built with tough in mind.

The swag poles clip into place easily.

With the swag in my possession for only a few hours it was time to jump in the Patrol and give the 80mm egg shell mattress a test! So I headed to Rubicon for a solo camp.

Upon arrival the Crashpad was super easy to set up under the led light.

Once I opened the bag and removed the pole/peg bag witch is made from PVC material I rolled the swag out and in less than a few minutes the swag was standing by itself.

I opened both the windows at each end with there midgey proof mesh to keep the bugs out. There is also midgey proof mesh on each side of the swag.

Once the sun came up I felt well rested, this swag sure is comfortable. The ventilation is awesome on the mild night like I had.

There are also two storage pockets in the swag.

NOTESpecs copied from the Crashpad webpage.
    Features include:
    •Super tough high quality 400gsm waterproofed canvas.
    •Heavy duty 600gsm PVC floor.
    •Full length midgey proof insect mesh for fantastic ventilation with entry doors on both sides.
    •80mm thick posture foam egg shell mattress with a machine washable cover.
    •Ventilation windows at both ends (midgey proof).
    •Brass corner eyelets to peg down the swag in extreme weather.
    •2 internal pockets.
    •Heavy-duty (11mm) super-flex aluminium poles.
    •Foldable set length 19mm centre pole for ease of setup.
    •Double storm flaps on entries to ensure zero water ingress even in the worst weather.
    •PVC bag for pegs and poles.
    •Canvas carry bag, large enough to fit your rolled swag with pillow and sleeping bag inside. Bag features grab handles at each end and rain flap zipper protection.

Size: length 210cm, width 100cm, height 73cm

Weight: 13.0kg

Colour: Stealth Black

Cheers
    Rich

looks like a great bit of kit mate how much ?

Quote Originally Posted by snakesoup View Post
    looks like a great bit of kit mate how much ?
    The stealth is $398. I'll grab some better images when I get a chance. There is heaps of room inside which I was super impressed with.

Cheers

Forum Enthusiast
    Good pick-up, Well done.
    Robert.
    FZJ105r with Tvan pushing.

I slept in my old oz trail last nite, after reading your review I might have to do something like this I think, I've got 4 weeks up the cape coming up and I want to be comfortable!

Mate the only negative i can see are those plastic clips when it is rolled up. Easily broken.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Lost View Post
    Mate the only negative i can see are those plastic clips when it is rolled up. Easily broken.
    The buckles or the ones on the hoops Laurie?

Quote Originally Posted by snakesoup View Post
    I slept in my old oz trail last nite, after reading your review I might have to do something like this I think, I've got 4 weeks up the cape coming up and I want to be comfortable!
    Should be perfect, you can roll up both sides for ventilation. There is toggles to loop it into which hold it in place.

Cheers

Thanks Rich,

I really like the idea of these swags.

Does the center pole extend to get good tension to help keep it from puddling if raining?

Do you open and close the windows from inside? I.e. so you can control temperature during the night?
    The only thing better than fishing... is catching a fish...